Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

ExCel for the ladies concerned

Hey girls.

I was thinking about the Excel thing and wanted to get ideas & thoughts from everyone.

Do we definately want to go on the Sunday?

Does everyone stll fancy going for dinner, drinks & gossip afterwards?

Does anyone ahve any food types they don't like eating?

Is anyone looking at staying in London for the night (for those travelling)?

Ok girls get back to me cos I was looking for somewhere for us to eat & drink afterwards xxx

• Quoted:
    Hey girls.

I was thinking about the Excel thing and wanted to get ideas & thoughts from everyone.

Do we definately want to go on the Sunday?

Saturday would be better for me (dont have to get up for work on Monday!!) but I will go with the majority decision

Does everyone stll fancy going for dinner, drinks & gossip afterwards?

Going for a gossip is a MUST!!

Does anyone ahve any food types they don't like eating?

As for food, Im OK with most things as long as it doesnt have peanuts.

Not mad on indian food either but I cant always find something on thier menu I can eat as I have had to before

Is anyone looking at staying in London for the night (for those travelling)?

I can stay overnight but it is not a must. It will depend on whether I can get the Monday off work if we go on the Sunday.

Ok girls get back to me cos I was looking for somewhere for us to eat & drink afterwards xxx

[Modified by: Dual on November 25, 2006 10:36 AM]

[Modified by: Dual on November 25, 2006 10:37 AM]

[Modified by: Dual on November 25, 2006 10:38 AM]
  • Why is my formatting not working??? I wanted to put my answers in red
  • either day is fine for me, i live in london anyway.

i defo want to gossip and drink, dont mind if we dont eat i'm trying to slim anyway LOL so i'll do liquid lunch!

i only eat chicken.........but that is on every menu anyway! x
  • isha55isha55 Posts: 254
    Either day is fine for me too

I dont eat cheese so pizza is out of the question

• Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    Hey girls! I don't mind which day either. I think rebecca couldn;t do Saturday though now that i think about it so that me be a deciding factor.

i was thinking about the food & drink aspect really (always got my dirnk on my mind!).

We could go to the show around lunch time then got for dinner & drinks afterwards?

Am looking at places in the area as we may not want to travel too far to eat but I am always in central so only know places around there for sure.

I will continue my research!
    Dual if you & jess are getting train down where do you get off in London? is it Liverpool st?

Maybe we should eat near whatever station you guys need to catch your train back from cos then we will have more time etc.
  • thats a good idea bambi!
    Quoted:
    thats a good idea bambi!

Of course it is!!!! I am THE bambi!!! he he xxx
  • I have a direct train which goes through Milton Keynes and lands at London Euston. Any good?

We can always tube it further out???
  • The Novotel Excel is right opposite the Excel centre.

The food is excellent, in the bar or restaurant. I know the Head Chef personally as I used to work for the Accor Group.

All being well my sister & I will be going, but not yet sure if it will be the Saturday or Sunday.
    Quoted:
    The Novotel Excel is right opposite the Excel centre.

The food is excellent, in the bar or restaurant. I know the Head Chef personally as I used to work for the Accor Group.

All being well my sister & I will be going, but not yet sure if it will be the Saturday or Sunday.
    What is the atmosphere like? it can be quite quiet in hotel restaurants. We want a kind of lively feel with backgroung music perhaps & somewhere that we won't stick out if we are talking loudly & luaghing & stuff
  • Hi Ladies

only me, I've had to do a fair bit of reading to catch up, however I think I'm up to speed now.

I'm up for excel too. Bambi like your concerns re the hotel as if we would be talking loudly or any kind of loud rolling around holding belly type of laughing could be happening with ladies of such refinement imageimage Its not as if we're going to be chucking booze down our necks and getting out of hand .
    Yes brownie I think maybe we should bake some scones to bring....image
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    Well I'm up for the Saturday or the Sunday, but now that I think of it Saturday is probably better for Dual and me cause Sunday transport is not always the best, and of course there is Monday morning work and all. As for eating, as long as I can get chicken and fish plus a salad , that's all I need.
    Right having problems with work & stuff so I definately need to go on Sunday now as taking a saturday off means using up a shift 7 a half of holiday and during the next year every single shift is precious!!!
  • Hi Bambi

Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

The bar area is great. As most of the guest who stay at the hotel are usually from the Excel exhibitons on Friday & Saturday nights it's usually buzzing.

I know some evenings they put things on like Kareoke or a jazz band.
    That sounds good. You guys let me know whether you want the Saturday or Sunday. I can always take the Monday as a day off so I don't mind which day. Well bambi if you are going Sunday I'm going Sunday!
  • Im easy Sat or Sun. If its Sunday I will see if I can get a day off on the Monday.

Can someone just remind me of the actual date so I can put it in my diary. Thanks

[Modified by: Dual on November 30, 2006 08:33 PM]
  • the 28th january x
  • Sunday for me ladies as Saturday is church for me and I won't be ab;le to get across til 4ish. Hope that's ok x
    Great, Shazza i am going to check out the hotel info online. I may even see how cheap they will do a room so i can get drunk then crawl to bed...

I have just checked & they have twin rooms for £69 a night which is quite good. if anyone was looking to stay over that would be £35 each to share. Depending on your plans of course.
  • Hi ladies

sorry to harp on I think I may have missed something, did we ever finally decide which day we would be doing Excel ??
    My thoughts exactly i think it was a Sunday!
  • natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    i thought it was sunday! if it isn't i can't come because were going france on the 27th image so hopefully it will be the 28th
    Sunday the 28th it is!

Right girls, i know we have said we are all goin but let confirm properly.

I am a definate. I ma bringing my pretendy veil to try out tiaras, my fabric swatches & pics to try shoes & jewellery. Also want to see if I can get a deal on a limo if I book on the day! So I will have my cheque book!!!

Are we still cool to grab some snacks and drinks afterwards?
    Yep
    yes im in still as long as ive got the day off!! if not i will try and get it off anyway! should be alright they havent given me my rota yet! so annoying!!
    http://www.caribbeanscene.co.uk/opening.php

anyone fancy trying this place out after the show?

I have never been there before but it looks nice & it won best carribean restuarant award:

http://www.caribbeanfoodemporium.co.uk/awards06vote.htm
    Sounds good, I've never been to a Carribean restaurant, I know it's sad I know!!!
    fine with me!