First Dance

hello ladies........i just wanted to know what is everyone doing for their first dance is anyone doing anything special?

and what song are you having?

For our first dance me and h2b are going to have dance lessons, i'm sworn to secrecy but had to tell someone! We are either going to do the fox trot to nina simone my baby just cares for me or another dance to Al green let's stay together, we have'nt decided which yet........ image

We thought it would be good and a surprise if you like, especially as everyone knows h2b has got 2 left feet and can't dance LOL. image

What do you all think and what are you all doing?

• Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    ooh I envy you...I totally have no idea!! I'm quite a mover but like you H2B has got two left feet. I don't know whether we should have a romantic slow song, or something we could dance to. My friend had Happy people by R Kelly two years ago, it was a real nice song, so I can't pick that one. I love Luther, Donelle Jones.....and of course H2B likes Michael Learns to Rock..still have to listen to that one.
  • well we was gonna have luther always and forever because its slow, and well he dont really have to do nothing, but we originally wanted al green, so i think we will go with that and get our groove on, should be a laugh!
  • isha55isha55 Posts: 254
    Well my h2b can really dance so no problems there image. So we've decided that we're gonna dance to Lastest,Greatest Inspiration by Teddy Pendergrass because it sum's our relationship up too a tee, plus i always get emotional when i hear it.:\)
  • Snap Sassy me and h2b are going to learn the tango and we are not telling anyone. We haven't decided on the music yet though.
  • hi rebecca long time where you been ?

i said the tango at first, but the company we're using are going to choreograph a routine for us to our track so it should be good, have you told anyone about it?

or you doing it as a surprise thing too?
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    Snappity snap snap!!! We are having dancing lessons too cos if I have to watch my h2b doing his dry two step all night i think it will kill me! He can't dance for sh*t!

Hey rebecca how have you been? where have you been!? Read the ExCel thread love!

We are dancing to ain't that a kick in the head by Dean Martin (if you've never heard it you need to hear the lyrics!).

its an up tempo swing/rat pack song so it should be good!

I am also doing the Cameo formation Candy dance with 'my girls'! can't wait!
    Okay ladies, you've got me worried, where are you getting dancing lessons and how much does it cos. My mother had suggested this and I ignored the suggestions. I also wanted to do the candy formation dance with the girls but to a South african song
  • ok come on fill me in what is this candy formation dance...........?

Have you watched The Best Man, at the wedding the end bit the uncle starts the dance to the song Sweet like Candy and everyone starts joining in. If you haven't watched The Best Man, let me know and I will post it to you!!!
  • i know i've got the soundtrack! lol!

i will have to get it out on video tomorrow!
    I haven't seen best man. i wanna watch it!!!!! Do they do it to candy by cameo?

i only know it from doing it in the clubs! you lot know I'm down with the kids , right?
    Yeah we know u down Bambi,

I know it from family parties, my mum, aunts and their whole little crew, throw it down everytime they hear candy, then there's me who when everyone is going left im going right and vica versa. (I can dance, i just get foot-tied when i try to join in) I'll learn it properly one day.
    LOL...well it originated from that Movie, I suggest you all watch it...Shame on you, Black people who haven't watched The Best Man. I got mine for about £5 from Amazon.
  • i got it for £5.99 on play.com lol
    Enjoy, i think I will bring mine out this weekend to watch. Sassy can I e-mail you some pics of cakes and you can tell me which you think is best, just want to get some opinions of what looks nice cause all the cakes are starting to look the same to me.

I'll cc bambi as well!!
  • ok lol....send em and i'll have a look
    Thanks sassy
  • NaddyNaddy Posts: 114
    Me and my h2b were also thinking of starting dance lessons next year. He's quite a good mover so that's not the reason really. We just think it will be fun. Maybe something like latin ballroom. It will have be something that I don't have to spin around at all. I don't want him stepping on my train.

We haven't decided on a first dance song yet. I would love to have 'your song' not the Elton John version, but Ewan Mcgregor's one from moulin rouge. He likes the song too but he doesn't want it for the first dance.
    I DO own the movie just haven't watched it!

Ot is part of my prized DVD collection. There is nothing more precious in my house than that collection of DVD's!! I know it not very girly but I love all my gadgets & electronics & h2b is not allowed to touch them! I don;t even lend out my DVDs!!!!!!
  • You guys have some really good ideas.

I would love to learn some dance moves for our first dance. My h2b couldn't dance to save his life, so I'll have to work on him LOL!!

I like that film The Best Man. Have any of you seen 'The Wood', it's another Black comedy with a wedding story line. I always get them mixed up.
    Hey Bambi , you are like my brother and H2B always collecting DVD's. This weekend we are watching City of God, have you watched. The subtitles may get tiring bt it's an awesome movie although a bit gruesome!! H2B hasn't watched it yet.
  • i've seen the wood, and ccity of god (one of h2b fav films) would be so much better in english lol!
    I know you really have to concentrate and watch the subtitles but City of God is one of the best movies, I've ever watched, maybe because it's almost like a Documentary, it's so real.

I've seen th ewood too, was going to mention it. It's got that Lisa Raye lady, she got married to the Prime Minster of Turks and Caicos, did anyone see the wedding pictures. I didn't know celebrities could have such ghetto style weddings. It looked like her and her bridesmaids were also doing the candy formation so it's not just us simpletons!!
    I've not seen City of God, but i love The Wood, it has that Luther Vandross song 'If This World were Mine' its such a beautiful song.

Jess, h2b and i r like u, with gadgets, dvds and cds, if i lend ay dvds out its only to family and i write it down in a little note book. Sad aint it lol
    Happy you need to get a database like me!!! DVD profiler! its the boom. I even have a bar code scanner attached to my PC to scan them in. I have 980 dvds now!
  • kdear2kdear2 Posts: 72
    Not decided on song for first dance yet but going for the dance lesson thing too.

I feel at times like I got no rhythm. Manage great with the girls round the handbags but this partner thing got me footless at times.

We are keeping at a surprise from everyone
    Wow bambi, thats a bit too technical for me, we only have around 250 dvds, we buy more music then anything else.
  • Hi Ladies

Snap we are also having dance lessons, and it's a secret.

Our song is Because of you by Marques Houston, and we will be learning the dance from Saturday Night Fever.

The whole wedding party are also doing Candy. My daughters are gonna teach us as they do it brilliantly, but I always end up in a muddle.
  • LOL everyone loves the candy dance!
  • SBukSBuk Posts: 3
    Our wedding day was the first time we had ever danced to our song image

Shayne & Becky

Ps - this site is great, wish I knew about it before I got married - so helpful!