Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Niaji Tailors and niaji dress advise

Hello Ladies....such a wonderful site...really impressed and joined today!

My wedding is a quiet one , cos that's what we both want!! We are having a registry weddings with just family and the weekend have friends over to our place which is quite a big place, but max 25 people, wedding in Oct2008 and just starting organising myself...:\?

I have bought my dress today from COAST as you can imagine I do not want a formal wedding dress, even though I bought one 2yrs ago when I thought I will have a big wedding and happy to give it to anyone who wants it at a minimum cost (Size16 and " forever yours" designer)

My question is we both want to wear traditional dress at home when our friends come over my husband to be is yoruba and I'm Ibo...we want something quite comfortable and his suggested I find out what people wear these days...Can anyone help? I have heard Gini Linen? Is there more...also any help on good tailors would be appreciated ...guess I have to grab one of those ovation mags do see what my sisters are wearing down there ...its been a while I've not been home since 1995...gosh I'm embarrassed...but have o go home next year to sort out my traditional wedding!image

Thanks for your time

xx

• GarrymcGarrymc Posts: 305
    depends on where you live. I have tailors in london and essex
  • Eme91Eme91 Posts: 35
    hey Uche please can you give me details of tailors in London. I need to sew a bolero. how's ur planning going anyway?
    Hi Eme91,

It's going really well. I thank God i started early.

check out some of the stuff here

http://www.photobox.co.uk/slideshow?album_id=29070450

I have 29 days to go and i still haven't lost all the weight i want image( everything is more or less done although we've had a few teeny nasty shocks.

Just waiting now

This is also for Nitty74

Try 07947944296 His name is Brother Matthew (yes, a HE!!! he's amazing, don't be put off just cos he's a guy).

he's in leytonstone

also try Haji (again, a guy!!) in deptford. Gonna have to get his full details later. I'm at work now

[Modified by: uchewally on June 16, 2008 03:46 AM]
    got some more this week off my girlfriends

Haji's Designers, 145A Deptford High Street, London SE8 3NU 02084693638 07956546932

07946721598 Pat in Peckham

07931632383 Ndidi in Croydon

Good luck!!!
  • Nitty74Nitty74 Posts: 15
    Thank you uchewally!