deleted

.... sorry!

[Modified by: MRSengagedprincess on 09 February 2010 17:10:44 ]

[Modified by: MRSengagedprincess on 09 February 2010 17:11:28 ]

• JennyGregoryJennyGregory Posts: 483
    I'm a bit confused by your mum's feelings on the matter. Does she think that CofE vicars are not "spirit filled"? In my opinion they are just as holy and have just as much authority to hold a wedding as anyone else. Are you parents Catholic or something else?

Maybe your Mum could meet with your vicar and then she might be able to feel the same way about this person as you do?
  • natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    at the end of the day your not marrying your mum so don't worry about it, she will just have to grin and bare it....it's your day and a priest is a priest, jewish, catholic or cofe shouldn't really be an issue if its what you want x
  • thank you coz those were my thoughts exactly! i'm christian but i don't belong to any denominaton but my mom's strictly pentecostal..but we are making progress coz before yesterday she wouldn't discuss the wedding coz its 2 yrs away...i think that hurt more ...but yeah i think its allabout communicating!
  • 141Bash141Bash Posts: 500
    You need to ask her what would Jesus do?

Because at the end of the day that's what's important, and all Christians believe in Jesus. It's upsetting when different denominations disagree.
  • koolbridekoolbride Posts: 85
    i am from a pentecostal background and i got married last weekend in a catholic church as my husband is a catholic, it was such a beautiful service, even if i didn't have a gospel choir, or a pastor screaming on the podium.

God is everywhere, you get married in the church you want, you mum should be pleased you are even marrying in a church and not a registry office.

• lol all true points!!! your posts made me laugh!! this is one less thing preying on my mind now!