Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Afro Hairdresser in London - HELP PLS!

Hi

I'm looking for someone to make my hair for my wedding in London. I need someone who will be happy to come to my house on the morning of the wedding. Please recomend any ideas or tips...

thanks

• GarrymcGarrymc Posts: 305
    i'm using karen chambers

she does hair and make up and will come to you

Contact Person: Karen Chambers

Telephone: 07939528668

Email: [email protected]

• jojoPMjojoPM Posts: 825
    What are her prices like?
    Hi JojoPM,

Just copied n pasted her email to me a while ago below;

------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a list of the full bridal package, please let me know if you need hair and make up for any of the bridal party as I will need to allow extra time.

Bridal consultation:

Full hair consultation - try as many bridal hair styles as you want during the appointment

Full make-up consultation - try as many make up looks as you want during the appointment

Skin care prescription - independent recommendation of high street and beauty counter products to prepare your skin for the big day

Mini facial

Hand massage

Brow shape

Photo test shots (sent via email for you to keep)

Fee - £60 -

(Please note, parking expenses if necessary will be added to your bill)

The big day:

Full bridal hair service

Full bridal make up service

Hand massage

Neck and shoulder massage

Covering marks/scars or tattoos

Brow shape

(Please note, parking expenses if necessary will be added to your bill)

Fee £60

The bridal party:

Mother of the bride:

Hair - £30

Make up £25

Bridesmaids:

Hair - £25

Make up - £20

Flower girls (under age 12)

Hair £15

Make up (light application) £10

I can accept payment in cash, bank transfer or credit and debit card via PayPal for your own security. You will need to pay a 50% deposit to secure the booking.

Please let me know if you would like a consultation (I would recommend you do, but entirely up to you) and I will send you an invoice with details of the deposit to secure your booking.

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Karen

• T123ukT123uk Posts: 44
    I'm also using Karen Chambers , but I got a different quote from her. hmph. see below:

Bridal consultation:

Full hair consultation - try as many bridal hair styles as you want during the appointment

Skin care prescription - independent recommendation of products to prepare your skin for the big day

Head massage

Photo test shots

Travel

£75

Full make-up consultation - try as many make up looks as you want during the appointment

Skin care prescription - independent recommendation of high street and beauty counter products to prepare your skin for the big day

Mini facial

Hand massage

Brow shape

Photo test shots

Travel expenses

Fee - £75

The big day:

Skin care prescription - independent recommendation of products to prepare your skin for the big day

Head massage

Neck and shoulder massage

Photo test shots

Hair pins/grips/donuts (if required)

Travel

£75

Mini facial

Hand massage

Covering marks/scars or tattoos

Free bridal pack - to keep make up fresh all day

Brow shape

Photo test shots

Travel expenses

Fee - £75

I can accept payment in cash, bank transfer or credit and debit card via PayPal for your own security.

Any questions between now and the big day, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes and hope to hear from you soon.

Karen (Doll Face)

So the wedding day itself...she's charging £150 for hair and make-up and also another £150 for bridal consultation ....

I thought that was a bit much.....uchewally I you got a very good quote from her.....

• Eme91Eme91 Posts: 35
    Thanks for the tips ladies. Uche when is your wedding again? Pretty soon?
    wow Tols123!! so sorry about that...........it could be becos I am getting married in the morning in notting hill whilst her next bride is an afternoon bride in pimlico (down the road), hence, next to nil travel costs for both of us. Also, she lives not too far from me and didn't charge much for the consultation.

Where's your wedding??

Hi Eme91, it's in 16 days. Will upload pics straight unto our website once photographer releases them!!
    actually, ask her about it. i'm sure there's a decent explanation
    Hi Uchewally, my wedding is not till next year May....so maybe she's increased her price for next year....The church service is at Gidea Park near Romford..so I guess she must have added extra for transport...but still I managed to negotiated with her and got a price of £125 for make-up and hair pin-up on the wedding day and I probably will only go for the Make-up consultation @ £75 before the wedding.......which I think is still a bit much money to pay.....

All the best on ur wedding...

[Modified by: Tols123 on June 25, 2008 08:40 PM]

[Modified by: Tols123 on June 25, 2008 08:45 PM]
  • BabygaddyBabygaddy Posts: 36
    k, naija ladies. nt sure if dis is appliable o, but here it is.

dis lady does make up (nt sure abt hair) and gele (dis geles r .......), she was featured in d current issue of entertainer mag, Juliet Esiri is her name. here is her email address: [email protected] i have seen her work, have a few pics and all i can u have to see the gele + make up to understand it all and u def have to be naija to get it LOL
    Hi tols123,

Gdea Park!!! I live 5mins away in Hornchurch. Such a small world. Where's your reception?? I couldn't find anywhere in Havering that could cater for 'our' weddings.

Anyhoo, Her price sounds ok. It's costly as a whole but it's a compromise. Put pics of our trial on my facebook and people have been going crazy commenting on how stunning i look (didn't mention it was for the wedding lol!!!) She's cheaper compared to some of the other MAC girls ( i expaline fd why in an earlier thread) and takes away the worry of makeup on your big day

Hi Uche,

Yes defo such a small world....didnt find anywhere in Gidea Park either..the only venues I found were Golf clubs around brentwood and they dont allow outside caterer's....

I considered using a hotel in Chelmsford called Best western Ive hill, they allow outside catering but have decided against it now cos it can only take about 150-200ppl.... we're now using Hilton in tower Bridge...a bit more expensive but I know it'll be worth it..

Can I please see your trial pictures on FB....I'd like to see what her work looks like... pls mail me your FB ..I.D or some pics on [email protected] so much...and all the best on your big day...you must be very excited....
  • stephyukstephyuk Posts: 16
    just joined this forum and i must say that uche is really amazing with ideas........

thanks, i ve really got so much info here......
    by the way, my name is Ada.

uche pls when is ur wedding????????
    Hi Ada,

Thanks for the compliment!

I had my traditional wedding last week! My 'white' wedding is in 9 days time

check out http://uchewedssoyingbe.weddingannouncer.com
    uche, the website is lovely. u are so full of ideas . congrats again. will love to know how your big day will go.
    hey uche, the person that is ur coordinator, is she an event coordinator or just ur friend............looking for an event coordinator, cant seem to find anybody...pls help
  • Hello... well your wedding has gone now but for all others painstakingly looking for Bridal Wedding hair stylists/artists for black skin and afro hair, Nu Woman Beauty is the place to go. Check out the images available on the web and great reviews all round. They are great!

www.nuwomanbeauty.co.uk
  • Try Sparkles Hair and Beauty. They are based in Bromley but travel throughout London, Kent and Essex......

www.sparklesbeau.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sparkles-Hair-and-Beauty-World/109561599111556