PHOTOGRAPHY

Hi Guys,

I need your help just got a quote form a photographer £895.00 for the whole day (8hours) and then I get 200 - 250 pictures on a disc.

Is this agood deal?

I hope you don't mind me asking but who are you ladies using and how much is it costing you i know it is cheeky but i am in such a dilemma because i also want a video grapher and don't even know how much costa OMG!

Please help all your comments are welcome.:\?

• NaddyNaddy Posts: 114
    I think that price is about right. We're paying £795. It's for the whole day (8 hours), he will take about 200-250 photos. We get 60 in the album and a disc with all the photos. All the photos will be put on a website too.
  • Wow I'm starting to feel like I'm getting ripped off. I'm paying £1050 for 8 hours. I get 8 hours reportage style photograhy (I'm no good at posing and feel like an idiot even trying). Also included is 1 large 60 page Graphistudio book and 2 small graphistudio books for our parents. I love these books, they look a lot like coffee table books (I've attached a link so you can see what I'm talking about I'm not very good at describing things!). I'll put my photographers link there so you can have a look. he travels all over the world from Italy to Africa and obviousy this also includes all of the uk. last time I spoke to him he only had 6 weekends left next year!

http://www.graphistudio.com/en/index.html

http://www.photographer-weddings.co.uk/Welcome.html

Hope that's helpful. I think I'm paying about £75 per little book so withpout them it's about £945. I also get every single picture he takes and the rights to reproduce them within 5 months (this means my guests can print pics for 29p each from Boots!) I get 4 showreel DVDs and a proof book.

• Naddy that is cool see i am only getting the disc with nothing else.

Jess you are getting load of extras so that is cool too what a headache if itsn't one thing it is another
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    Rebecca is getting loads of extr! My photographer costs basically what I order so his prices range from about £584 upto £1,400. I don't pay for his time at the wedding nada, the minumum order I can make is £350 though! I at first liked the graphi books but after seeing this guy's albums I thought pictures would be better. The are absolutely lovely. I think I can get about 70 pics for £900 as well as some wall size framed photographs. All we had to do was pay him £100 deposit which comes of our order and £150 two weeks before the wedding which also comes of your final order. He came recommended by the Venue and knows the venue well , the correct lighting and that's what I want the most, photo's get posted on the web, and I can get a CD but I won't be able to copy cause like most photographers they retains copyright!

Have you been to any local wedding fayre etc. If you can wait til January and are coming to Excel i'm sure we could find one. Which are are you getting married in ?
  • Hi

I agree with Naddy price sounds about right. We are paying £850 for the whole day (8 hours) & getting 80 prints, a proof book of all the photos so we can make our own reprints and a CD. He doesn't do an album but to be honest we feel that we can do that ourselves as long as we have all the photos.

Also offers an art book service similar to the one Rebecca mentioned for £1250 but thought although really nice just too expensive. He does sell small versions of the books (4 for £120) separately which we thought we might get as gifts.

Website - www.baileyphoto.co.uk - based in Croydon and covers London and surrounding counties.
  • deecydeecy Posts: 7,493
    Sounds like everyone is getting a good deal!

the graphistudio books are the top of the range.

I would suggest that if you can to try & have two photographers it will increase the coverage & therefore the choice of photographs + it means more chances to capture reportage - as this type of photography cannot be planned the more photographers mingling with the guests to shoot their most relaxed & natural moments the better.

Also having two different styles can be nice, my second photographer is excellent at capturing guests unawares laughing, crying, it all goes to illustrate the story of the day
  • ladies as usual you never let me down, I am on the hunt for photographers, I have managed to cross off all the 1k+ and looking for something more in my price range I want 6-8 hour, reportage style mainly, but will have to have some traditional style as the older heads will never forgive us, I hate posing (well only for photos) I don't think I'm very photgenic (however not the bride of chucky or anything). Most photographers are coming in average £900.So ladies who have got anything less than that big pat on the back to you. I'm trying to find bare bones ie 6-8 hours and the copyright disc, no album or photo book. If you really want photobook bonus print do them, or just google photo books, just upload pics and manage the order/layout your self.which is easily done I think !!
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    Brownie , you can actually get graphi style studio books done yourself at http://www.bobbooks.co.uk/index.php
  • thats what i was gonna say jess, its really reasonable and u can diy it!
  • Our photography is being done by friends of my niece. They are are television cameramen and are charging us £500 for the whole day, so I guess we can't really compare.

H2b also wants to have a video, so we are still looking for a videographer.

We have had quotes of between £350-£1500.
  • Im paying about 1100-1200 for reportage style photography, he will of course do some traditional shots for the mothers and in laws who insist on traditional photos...the boring line ups!.

plus my video is costing an extra 450.

My wedding photographer is:

http://www.sylk-photography.com/
  • Does anyone know of a videographer that is reasonably priced abd will travel. I can't seem to find one.
  • Hi rebecca can you please let me know if you find a videographer because i am looking for one too.
  • SBukSBuk Posts: 3
    Prices are really going up - Wish I was a PHOTOGRAPHER!

My wife has all the details of our photographer & our video was done by her brother so I can not help there, sorry :\?

Anyone got any photos online?

Shayne & Becky :\)

[Modified by: shayne on December 23, 2006 01:42 AM]
  • no we havent got wed yet, but would like to see yours....?
  • isha55isha55 Posts: 254
    Shayne tried ur link on the other post, but it doesnt work. Can i say u both look lovely.

• Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    My photogrpaher is about £1700 for coffe table graphistudio album with 70 pics in it. he is giving ua an engagement shoot & pics, staying for us getting ready until the end & we are getting all the pics on a high res cd too. I went to see loads of people but really liked this guy. He even sent me a christmas card!

http://www.andygriffinphotography.com/weddings_head.php
  • Quoted:
    ladies as usual you never let me down, I am on the hunt for photographers, I have managed to cross off all the 1k+ and looking for something more in my price range I want 6-8 hour, reportage style mainly, but will have to have some traditional style as the older heads will never forgive us, I hate posing (well only for photos) I don't think I'm very photgenic (however not the bride of chucky or anything). Most photographers are coming in average £900.So ladies who have got anything less than that big pat on the back to you. I'm trying to find bare bones ie 6-8 hours and the copyright disc, no album or photo book. If you really want photobook bonus print do them, or just google photo books, just upload pics and manage the order/layout your self.which is easily done I think !!
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Just a tip - for the best reportage photography - you are best to pick somebody in the WPJA (Wedding Photo Journalist Association)

There is a list on here:

http://www.wpja.com

Hope this helps

L xx :\)

[Modified by: LisaMMM on December 25, 2006 06:59 AM]

[Modified by: LisaMMM on December 25, 2006 07:00 AM]