Barbados

Hi

I am getting married in Barbados early 2010 .... would love to hear any tips, tricks, recommendations and dare i say it horror stories. Any resorts recommended, or not!

I'd wecome your comments,

Thank you xxx

• catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149 New bride
    Hi - May I be the first to congratulate you on your excellent taste! I'm Bajan Brit and have been to Barbados many times. It's a beautiful island, and I'm sure you will have a wonderful time there.

What exactly did you want to know? I can then try to help.
  • phil-and-clairephil-and-claire Posts: 1,407
    Thank you ....

I am looking at staying and getting married in the

Bougainvillea Beach Resort in Christchurch, and then having a reception/dinner in the Pieces Restaurant.

Both seem very accommodating, but would love to know if you have any experience of either.

Thanks
  • Eme91Eme91 Posts: 35
    honeymoon at the Crane beach toel - heard its amazing image
  • catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149 New bride
    I have to say although I know Christchurch well, it's not my favourite part of the island as it's very touristy. The Crane is amazing as the previous poster said, but it's in St Phillip and it's a very remote part of the island. Great if you want peace and quiet, but it's off the beaten track.

Personally, I much prefer the west side (Caribbean Sea) in the parishes of St Michael, St James and St Peter. The beaches there are better as well, as St Philip is on the Atlantic Ocean side and therefore not suitable for bathing. Great for windsurfing though!

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you any further.