Wedding ring drama!

Hi Ladies,

I would like to haer if anyone is having the same problem as me or am I just being silly.

I went to a jewllery shop a few days ago with H2b to look a wedding rings. He thinks it's ok to have different types of rings. Now I feel we should have the same metal and style of ring, does anyone agree with me?

Also will everyone be wearing both their wedding ring and engaement rings togther? Because if I get the same ring as H2b, it will clash if worn togther. So I'm a bit confussed!

Help:\?

• My engagement ring is yellow & white gold and I am getting a wedding ring to match.

H2b is having a plain ring, which will be specially made with the gold from his late fathers wedding ring.

They don't have to match.

• Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    Husband is making his own choice of ring but in gold. My engagement ring is in the shape of snowflake, a cluster on nine little diamonds so I'm getting a wishbone ring so that they fit in nicely together.
  • i have got a white gold diamond engagement ring and we bought unique matching white gold wedding rings in turkey, but they dont have to match its up to you!
  • Thanks for that ladies.

Jess your ring sounds lovely, that wishbone should fit just right.

I think we're going to get matching rings.

Sassy were your rings expensive from turky?

Shazza thats such a nice touch to get h2b's ring made from late father, It will mean so much.
  • When H2B and I went to get our rings, we both set out to get identical rings, but during the process of trying loads on we began to realise we both liked different styles, what he wanted didnt suit me or I couldnt get it in my size. so we have bot gone for what we indvidually liked. after all, we are gonna be wearing them for life.

I decided on an half eternity ring, I liked the sparkle it gives off. My ring is just 2.5mm, I have long fingers with long nals so it suited me. The thicker band rings just didnt suit my hand even when they had diamonds in it. made my fingers look stubby.

H2B went for white gold with three diamonds, the middle diamond is a black diamond, he had to incorporate black somwhere. LOL

We are havingthem made, much cheaper than buying off the shelf, plus you can add individuality. also having our names & wedding date inscribed inside.
    Where are you having your rings made Dual? If it is cheaper than buying then it is something maybe I can consider, I need something that will compliment my engagement ring!
  • Birmingham is home to the huge Jewellery Quarter. It comprises of loads and loads of jewellery shops, the manufacturers, diamond dealers etc. You are guaranteed to get any jewellery cheaper than the high street. In fact, many of the manufacturers in the quarter supply to the high street jewellers.

My ring in the high street stores costs about £390-450, I can get it there made for around the £250 mark, depending on the quality and size of diamonds I choose.

Its worth a look if you and H2B have time for a trip up to Brum. I just went there today as my beauty salon is also there, the place is crowded with Xmas shoppers getting thier discount jewels for pressies!
    I think me and H2B will go in the New Year, all we have to do is catch a train. Where is it in relation to the Birmingham new street station?
  • Hi Jess

Its about a 10 minute bus ride or 5 mins in a taxi from New Street Station
  • Hi Dual,

I'm a fellow Brummie btb and was just wondering which jewellers you are getting your rings from?

If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks in advance.
  • emsukemsuk Posts: 1,267
    we were planning on having matching, to be honest with you- i haven't seen them- h2b brought them 2 months ago but thats my surprise for wedding day i literally won't see them till they are placed on my finger. but i doknow that it is white gold as i had a yellow gold engagment and it didn't match the wedding rings we wanted- so h2b proposed again with a brand new engagment ring to mark the fact that we set a date as got engaged 5 year ago.

don't think it matters if it matches but you have to happy as wearing forever.
  • i have a white gold plain wedding band and h2b has a yellow gold plain wedding band. we have engraved the insides with the same wording just changing the names ie 'h2b name' + date in my ring and vice versa for his. i dont think it matters go with what you like after all youre gonna be wearing it a lifetime its the symbolisation that means the most not the colour xx
  • We got a really good deal on our wedding rings cost us 310 for both and they are unique haven't seen them in england, in any jewellers, so its great they are white gold to match my engagement ring.
  • Quoted:
    Hi Dual,

I'm a fellow Brummie btb and was just wondering which jewellers you are getting your rings from?

If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, sorry for the delayed reply.

Getting mine done by a jewellery designer named Gem Craft, he is based in the quarters.
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    I have a white gold & diamond engagement ring, I am not bothered if our wedding rings match although it would be nice if they did. I reckon we both will get white gold
  • NaddyNaddy Posts: 114
    Thanks for the tip Dual. I'm from Birmingham but never thought of going to the quarter. Will try to head down there when visiting the folks at christmas.
  • Hi everyone, Hows it going?

Dual thats a good idea to go down to Birmingham. I might have to get H2b to take me down there for a shopping trip! LOL!
  • eeping76eeping76 Posts: 927
    we dont even have wedding rings ;\)
  • when's your wedding Lime?

I'm sure it's not too late.
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Its always good to get the rings in the same gold or Plat, if it is different, it can rub off sometimes.