West Indian Catering

Hi there fellow wedding planners!! I'm getting married 12 September 2009, and I'm looking for a good west indian catering company. Has anyone got any recommendations??? The reception is in Dulwich, London, so anyone that covers london would be good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:\)

• Try Sunshine, Magic Fingers or Eaton's (think they still cater). Sunshine & Magic Fingers have websites, so you should be able to google them.

Hope this helps.
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    I would also see if you can find the lady that did the catering on dont tell the bride, I have not tasted the food, but she was fab, I think her business was called caribbean catering, they were based in South London.

You could look at Burrells, Unique functions, diverse cuisene etc
  • Oooh yes Sidewalk - Forgot about her! And I think the lady is a friend of a friend....
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hee hee, Catlover64 you could have a word with her!! I dont know her, so cannot say about the food, but she really deserved a medal for everything she did, £10 a head as a favour!! It will defo be more like £20-30 a head, but still, she was good bless her! She helped save that wedding!
  • You know!!
  • MrsNurse2b..... interesting name. I assume it's your h2b's surname! It's the same as mine (by birth).

Enjoy the planning process, sorry can't give you any advice re caterers, my wedding is in the Caribbean.

Take care.

OneLove!
  • Tonight we went to view our venue whilst a wedding was taking place (prearranged dont worry, we werent crashers lol)... basically the guy was SO nice and not just to us trying to get business, but to the whole wedding party and was even seen hugging our coordinator! Then get this, he sent us home with a complimentary food package (dont tell my venue/the hosts pls ; )P) he incl. rice and peas, jollof rice, jerk chicken - MMMM, stew, baked salmon - DELICIOUS, plantain, moimoi, homemade coleslaw...

The food was Yum Yum YUm!!! We are seriously considering him over our own 1st choice sierra leonean caterers. The service was VERY professional... he incls. cutlery, crockery table linen etc all in his price. He is very experienced and it shows. The presentation of him AND his staff was VERY impressive!

pls pls check out the website

www.mccsl.com

Its called Master Chef Catering Services... Winston TRULY is a master chef!
  • Thanks ev1 for all your advice, I'll check out the names you have given me.

Onelove, Nurse is H2B's name, I also work with a lady who is Nurse by marriage. Where do you originate from? H2B is from Guyana.
  • Nurse is also a Bajan name! Any Bajan blood there;)
  • Not that I'm aware of, I think they orginate from Trinidad. But any of those beautiful Islands, is cool with me!!

I'm also from guyanese heritage, so nice to hear that my children may have some Bajun or Trinidadian blood in there somewhere!!
  • I believe my grandfather was from Barbados but he emigrated to Grenada, where my Dad and the rest of my family are from so I guess I do have some Bajan blood as 'Nurse' is a Bajan name. I'm on Facebook where I have encountered quite a lot of people with the name 'Nurse' whether by marriage or birth....some from Trini, some from Guyana and some Bajan.

Where in London are you located, I'm in the SE.
  • Quoted:
    I believe my grandfather was from Barbados but he emigrated to Grenada, where my Dad and the rest of my family are from so I guess I do have some Bajan blood as 'Nurse' is a Bajan name. I'm on Facebook where I have encountered quite a lot of people with the name 'Nurse' whether by marriage or birth....some from Trini, some from Guyana and some Bajan.

Sorry Onelove, didn't get to come in here yesterday. I'm in Croydon, holding wedding reception in Dulwich. Whereabouts are you??
  • Quoted:
    Quoted:
    I believe my grandfather was from Barbados but he emigrated to Grenada, where my Dad and the rest of my family are from so I guess I do have some Bajan blood as 'Nurse' is a Bajan name. I'm on Facebook where I have encountered quite a lot of people with the name 'Nurse' whether by marriage or birth....some from Trini, some from Guyana and some Bajan.

Sorry Onelove, didn't get to come in here yesterday. I'm in Croydon, holding wedding reception in Dulwich. Whereabouts are you??

No problem hun!

I'm originally from Lewisham, getting married in Grenada, June 09.
  • KayaukKayauk Posts: 170
    I to am originally from Lewisham but i live in Dulwich, where abouts in Dulwich are you having yours?
  • KayaukKayauk Posts: 170
    I to am originally from Lewisham but i live in Dulwich, where abouts in Dulwich are you having yours?