Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Dressmaker Dilema

I am looking for a good taylor or dressmaker to make my traditional outfits. Can anyone help

• GarrymcGarrymc Posts: 305
    . the tailor who sewed my traditional wedding blue outfit, All my parents' utfits for both weddings AND some of our asoebi friends' outfits was a man named Matthew. Absolutely phenomenal humble guy that's very talented.

Try 07947944296

The woman who sewed my bridesmaids dresses is a lady called esther. She lives in Hornchurch close to me. she's on 01708 702 968 or 07947530552

They are all my personal tailors Hve known them for years but had to allocate the outifts to tailors all over london in the run up to the wedding as we easily had 60 diff outfits to sew in such a shsort space of time

• KayaukKayauk Posts: 170
    Thanks again Uche. Where is Matthew based I live in the South East? I am still trying to buy my lace and my head is spinning from all the different suggestions did you get your material from Liverpool street?

[Modified by: Kaya1 on September 14, 2008 10:22 PM]

Matthe is based in Leytonstone

Sorry hun, got my lace from Austria. Liverpool is just as good, did alot of shopping there and was impressed!
    got some more this week off my girlfriends

Haji's Designers, 145A Deptford High Street, London SE8 3NU 02084693638 07956546932

07946721598 Pat in Peckham

07931632383 Ndidi in Croydon

Good luck!!!

• KayaukKayauk Posts: 170
    Thanks Uche when are you going to publish the wedding guide 2008
  • Hello - I have a lovely lady who made my traditional outfit - she does a great job and pays attention to every curve and shape that you have -her name is Aunty Mary she can be contacted on - - 0208 692 5190 - she is based in lewisham. I have pictures - but cant work out how to place them on the site. All the best. Buki.
  • Hiya I'm  also desperately looking for a tailor for my bridesmaids but live in Rochford Essex so near London is probs preferrBle.. I see this thread is outdated.. Do these people still have the same numbers plus working on a budget lol

• Subscribed!