Photographer gone wild!!!

Hi Ladies,

Could someone please tell me how much their wedding photographer is charging????

I went to speak with a photographer, who took me through the different packages he could offer. It all looked good, generally professional, and H2B and I were relatively impressed.

At the end of the 2 hour consultation, he said the package costs...................wait for it..................

3000 pounds!!!!.......

Am I overreacting or is this price slightly extortionate??

• catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149 New bride
    Well - it depends on a few things:

What are you getting for that money? Is the package you're interested in the top of the range??

What is his reputation?

How long is he shooting your wedding for?

How many photographers is he using?

Does it include an album? If so, how many??

Is there a quick turnaround for getting your prints back?

Where is he based - For example, London photographers tend to be very expensive. I suppose it's because of higher overheads...
  • trust me my dear you do pay for what you get in USA & U.k for example if you want to get celebrated photographers to cover your wedding you can easily ppay £5000+ for your wedding day.

I know that some times we brides like the best thing for next to nothing but we want that £8000.00 dress but we want to spend £600.00 on the memory of our days...we need to put things into perspective.

If you have a budget of for example £500.00 try and let the photographer know before you go and see them so you don't end up wasting each others time and at least they can give you a price range so you can look for a photographer that can suit your budget.

• CHCCHC Posts: 54
    Some photographers charge that kind of money and you should get a really premium package for that (albums and a disc of all the images, 2 photographers, all day shooting etc.) It just depends what you want out of it. We saved money by making our own albums and having a photographer shoot the ceremony, group shots and portraits. Everyone has digital cameras now and they'll be snapping away at the party so you don't need reportage all night.

Where are you getting married?

We got married in the South East and our photographer did such a great job and took truly beautiful pictures and ... was really reasonably priced. Think he is now doing a credit crunch deal for £500...the bonus with him is that whatever package you go for he includes all the images high resolution on a dvd so you can print them yourself.

www.rawsilkphotography.com
  • catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149 New bride
    Deecy had a really great thread in Planning giving details of photographers £500 and under. Check that out.

She's also done a few of the brides on this forum. Google 'Blessing Photography' and see.

Personally, there were a few things we were prepared to spend money on and not skimp - Photography and rings for example. These are lasting memories of the day and we wanted the best we could afford. Like ReneeBride2B says, why spend loads on a dress and venue, then have crappy photos that do neither aspect any justice???

I think it's a question of balance. Find the best you can afford and take it from there.

Good luck!
  • ronniqronniq Posts: 229
    What is your budget? I'll look for the webpage my friend used.

Be right back with the link.

http://www.conceptphotographic.com/ -

[Modified by: Ik's wifey on April 03, 2009 03:46 PM]

• jadannajadanna Posts: 40
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses. I had a budget of £1200 for photography, and a further £1200 for my videography. I thought that was a reasonable amount, but I guess I under estimated the costs.

I need to secure a photographer soon, as the wedding is in 6 months, and I still have so much to sort out.

Thanks again ladies, much appreciated xx
  • MDAV1MDAV1 Posts: 5
    Hi Jencakes, i feel you, why dont you try a lady in South London.

Her website is

www.makeovereffects.com

I think she falls within your price range.

Good luck!
  • TriTreadTriTread Posts: 313
    Hi. Our package was £1600 but that included: two photographers, an engagement photo shoot, consultations prior to the day, and a beautiful album with over 100 photos in it. They were there from 10am - 7pm (at both my house and the Groom's house). They are fantastic and travel all over the country www.focalpix.co.uk
  • PrincessCeePrincessCee Posts: 496
    We're paying about 2k for phototgraphy and videography. We're not getting any photos included with that though, just the discs. It's a lot but we're getting coverage by 4 people for the whole day so it's not so bad really.