Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

HELP URGENTLY NEEDED!!!

Hi everyone,

GOt engaged last week and have decided to go abroad to get married at the end of January 2010. We had decided on Dominican Republic but due to translation fees and having to stay out there for 2 weeks we now feel it is out of our reach. Have been looking at getting married in Barbados (either Almon Beach or Mango Bay) but have been reading some bad reviews on tripadvisor. Was also considering Sri Lanka but again have had bad reviews. I was wondering if you have been to any of these places or have got married in any of these places if you could give me some advice. I dont want the day of my dreams ruined by the hotel. I am so worried that I am going to pick the "wrong" placee.

Please help!!!

• nimsgirlnimsgirl Posts: 480
    Kerieb123,

Ah bless sorry to hear this luv.

i wouldnot recommend Sri Lanka it not too safe at the moment.

were are you from, country orgin? have you thought getting married there
  • NaomiPukNaomiPuk Posts: 117
    Kerieb123

I got engaged in DR and there were 2 weddings in the hotel when i was there 1 english couple and 1 local.

They all speak really good english out there so i'm sure there is someone who can do it in english. I am only saying this as an out sider so i could be wrong.

The place is really nice were i was and in fact as a holiday didnt cost very much and we were there 2 weeks

Hope this is of some help
  • Hi, have decided to definately go to Domincan Republic even if I have to wait another year to do it!! What resorts have people been too?
  • Hi,

I went to Almond Beach about three years ago. It was AMAZING the food the private beaches, pools and its all inc. HOWEVER I wouldnt really get married there as they have two 'huts' things (best way to descibe it) one is on the beach which is nice but not very private and the other is surrounded by trees. It maybe something that you like but I thought it was a bit to open. But it is an amazing place I didnt want to leave at all.

I hope that helps a bit x