Help - getting married in Cuba in July

Today we booked to get married on 24th July in Cayo Caco in Cuba. I am so excited. I also found out that both of our decree absolutes and our previous wedding certificates need to be translated into Spanish by a translator authorised by the Cuban Embassy and then they need to be legalised and stamped by the Cuban Embassy. I have been quoted a huge amount of money to get this done. Has anyone else been through this and if so:

a) how much did it cost

b) where did they go to get it done?

I also think that the wedding certificate will come through in Spanish - is this the case?

I would really appreciate some help and advice on this one as it feels like so much to go through.

Many thanks:\)

• GOD you got lot to do.........sorry i can t be of any help, nothings every straight forward nowadays is it?!

let uss know how you get on, good luck xx
  • Thank you - will do.
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    sounds lovely, i have been to cuba and it's beautiful!
  • yes you need to get them translated, firstly legalised translations and then through the embassy. have you booked through a travel agent? As if you have you should be able to get the info from their wedding departmenrts. Otherwise maybe it's worth looking at the Cuban embassy website to see if they have information on there. sorry don't know the exact procedure or costs as it's my first time getting married so thankfully I didn't need anything translated.

Oh and yes the wedding certificate is in Spanish
  • sarahharveysarahharvey Posts: 707
    Yeah check through you travel agent, they may be able to help or even organise this for you. Beware of time-scales though because when we got our cuban visas they ask you to apply so many weeks in advance. Can't remember off top of my head. I think it's still £25 xx