Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Wedding Underwear Dilemma Please Help!!!!!

Hi ya

This is my first time on this website and I desperately need help!

Basically, I am getting married in Greece in July this year, have picked a lovely wedding dress and I am due my first fitting at the end of April which means I need my underwear and shoes by then.

At an accessories meeting in Manchester I was advised that to have the best possible look from the dress I should have underwear in my flesh colour.

I have searched high and low on the internet but I have nothing!!

I am a 32DD which isn't really helping either!

Has anyone else had this experience and what have you guys been doing about your underwear? :\?

As another point how disappointing is it that on this special night you have to strip off to a seamless bra and high waisted knickers!!!!!

Thanks a lot

Clar

• ronab2ronab2 Posts: 34
    hi there

what sort of dress do you have, I have a fairly expensive designer dress and have no intention of wearing skin colour underware

• Clar81Clar81 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply LucyLee.

Have you not been advised of the underwear to wear?

Basically her reasoning was that given the dress will be in full sunlight there is a chance that any differences in colouring will been seen.

Therefore to avoid blatant lines of the underwear been seen a skin coloured bra and knickers have been advised.

It made perfect sense at the time!

Clarissa:\?
  • I've also been adviced to put on skin coloured underwear, and believe me, when i tried the gown with a white knicker it did shine through!

Well I finally found something which does not show through the dress (its rather tight, fish tail,so doesen't make it easier!). But i really did go through all the stores in town selling underwear more than once before i found something. It is so not sexy so i think i'll have to change into something better before am alone with my husbandimage At least for the knickers- i'm imagining it'll turn him off! But it seems to me most brides end up putting on something very plain under the dress then changing at the end. When it gets dark i guess it'll not show through anyway?
  • reetsmorganreetsmorgan Posts: 514
    Hi ladies

now you've got me in a panic, thought I had this undercontrol, I bought white undies a nice basque number,from Anne Summers of all places, but now I'm thinking it may show through my dress. This is the one day you can't have VPL. May have to go for some big granny knickers & leave the fancy stuff till after dark.
  • cherenyukcherenyuk Posts: 148
    Hi Everyone

I was going to go for something really sexy but now I have read this I will definitely be looking to wear something plain and probably unatttractive as long as there is no VPL!!

Clar81 - have you tried Debenhams? They cater for women with bigger boobs 'I am a 32DD which isn't really helping either!' I know the feeling as I am 34E and it can be a nightmare finding well fitting underwear at the best of times! Let me know how you get on and if I see anything I will let you know.

Cherenybeanyimage

• tanneuktanneuk Posts: 71
    I know how your feeling i'm a 30G and there are few nice bridal sets for larger busts.

I got a horrible strapless bra which I though would do as I have not been able to find anything else its really plain and boring! However, I get the bravissimo catalogue (they are also online) sent through and the sping one has a lovely seamless strapless bra with pink ribbon in the balconette bit underneath with pretty knickers too.

My problem is the 30 backs are so had to come by but figleaves start at a 32 so you may be in luck there.

Good luck, I hope you find something.
  • natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    how about bravissimo
  • Quoted:
    I've also been adviced to put on skin coloured underwear, and believe me, when i tried the gown with a white knicker it did shine through!

Well I finally found something which does not show through the dress (its rather tight, fish tail,so doesen't make it easier!). But i really did go through all the stores in town selling underwear more than once before i found something. It is so not sexy so i think i'll have to change into something better before am alone with my husbandimage At least for the knickers- i'm imagining it'll turn him off! But it seems to me most brides end up putting on something very plain under the dress then changing at the end. When it gets dark i guess it'll not show through anyway?

Hi Inga,

I've got a mermaidy type of dress as well...........did you get any petticoat to go with yours? I've been looking for a mermaid style petticoat, you know to emphasise the 'fish tail bit' but its been very difficult. Have you got any ideas????:\?
  • Ladies,

I have a 4 mth old babe & will be tying the knot in May. So it's gonna be a Spanx high powered all the way!!!!!imageimage

[Modified by: Maxwella on April 01, 2007 11:59 PM]
  • HI!

I'm having the same problem myself, as I'm a 32F, and its murder finding bras with larger cup sizes but small back sizes.

I recommend you try Marks n Spencers - they do nice skin coloured bras in larger sizes around £14 and nude lacey thongs, (control ones!!!) for about £6-8, so really affordable and not ugly!

Wahey!

• Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    have you guys tried www.simlpyyours.co.uk I found some gorgeous stuff on there. apparently they are quite new
  • aliz1973aliz1973 Posts: 274
    bring on those rather attractive seamless bras and big pants!!

Way to go..... for me at least, under my mermaid style dress!

I am a 32 E/F at the moment (have been 30F before) and I have ALWAYS been able to get something at Bravissimo.

Figleaves let you shop by Bra size - down to a 28 back, and the great thing is that you can return everything for your money straight back.

http://www.figleaves.com

I was in House of Fraser the other day and 'Sloggi' had these great looking flesh coloured pants that have no seam other than on the crotch, and a kind of scalloped edge on the legs and waist that sat flat.

I have resigned myself to Bridget Jones style underwear for the day, and will put on a nicer pair at the end of the night.... if i remember, and get organised enough!

i am currently having this internal dilema about whether to spend the money for the wedding day or for another set for the honeymoon??
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi Aliz,

If I were you I would wear a really nice set for the wedding that you already own, you and your new hubby might be too tired to notice what you are wearing on the wedding night! On your honeymoon you will be refreshed and ready to start married life!

I would put the cash to the Honeymoon set!

Just my view.
  • Also try Rigby and Peller I thought they would be expensive but paid £30 for my flesh coloured bra and i am a 32G!
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    it's going to be Spanx all the way for me! I will change into nice underwear when I get out of the dress and on the honeymoon?
  • aliz1973aliz1973 Posts: 274
    sammy joe - good idea

seems like a few of us will be doing that...