money....where from???

Hi girls, sorry to be a downer. I didn;t want to go on about it but I am so worried about money at the moment i literally cannot sleep, I have found the last couple of weeks unless I have a drink I literally am awake all night no matter how tired I am!

I am so worried as we ended up with 50 more people than we first anticipated and that is £5k extra if they all say yes to their rsvp's. I guess i will fill better after the rsvp deadline cos at least then i will know for sure whether we have to find that money or not.

I do have 2 emergency credit cards but if I end up using those I will have literally rinsed every bit of credit & cash I have and I don't want that. without these extra 50 people we were on a proper even keel and it was fine. This is just a nightmare.

Oh well I spent £8 in the shop on lottery tickets so maybe I might win something eh?imageimage

• natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    where did the extra 50 people come from? can't you have them as evening guests instead??

5K is a lot bambi........ xx
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    We are not having seperate evening guests so we can't. bit by bit my mum & h2bs mum addded the odd person and we ended up feeling like we had to add the odd +1 as we were not sure if they would all come so if they didn;t they would be alone....just got out of hand.
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    I feel for you, to be honest, can you ask your family for a contribution towards the extra guests they have added?
  • emmalouisetemmalouiset Posts: 1,291
    PinkBambi I know exactly how you feel. Have been contrubuting to the "over budget" thread in the wedding budget section on here so shan't repeat myself but just wanted to give you my support. I too can't sleep and found myself downstairs at 3am on Sunday night swigging neat gin to try and "knock myself out". I also have developed the most hideous stiff stress neck and shoulder for which my mum gave me some diazepam. Feel like a stressed out freak at the moment so you're not alone. Is there any way you can reduce the numbers at all? You don't want to start off married life with a huge debt around your neck! On the bright side though, just stick loads of mega expensive stuff on your wedding list and hope that you can recoup some of your expenditure in gifts!! (I'm joking just in case anyone thought I was suggesting fleecing guests!!)
    LOL emmy thats funny!

Bambi is there no way you can cut back?

We did our own guestlist, although my mum has invited a few people lol, shes so fast, but nowhere near as many as you lot have got!
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    50 extra guests is a lot. I told my Mum if she wanted to invite more people they would have to go on the evening list, although she managed o include about an extra 10 people, I don't know , i also feel stressed at the moment, I didn't sleep last night. We want to buy a home in November so I have to make sure any money used out of savings is replaced!
    EmmyW I don't know if you saw my other post in the other thread but I too had to take a diazepam the othe rnight to sleep which my mum calle dme up and bollocked me for! she works at a doctors surgery and told I am not to take it! MUM! I'm 29! I already had it for a back back problem so just had one.

Ther is no way to cut back now. I know that £5k doesn't sound like that much but I guess the real thing getting me down is that even with my expensive tastes and high budget I had it all under control. It is literally this extra £5k that I feel has broken me down.

I just feel like that was money I was going to have aside to pay off other things after the wedding like credit cards and stuff and I feel cheated that i won't have it.

I guess that it may turn out ok if we get people not replying before the RSVP deadline but then I am worried about people getting funny with me if I say no if they change ther minds neaer the time.

Now I am just repeating myself!!!

I am going for a bath, I need to relax. I have been studying my excel spreadsheet evryday just willing people off the list but for some reason every f*cker wants in on my big day!

I knew I shouldn;t have told anyone it was pinewood studios!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • reetsmorganreetsmorgan Posts: 514
    Hi bambi

girl I feel it for you. Have you sent out all your invitations yet ?? if not you know what I am going to say !!! of the one's that haven't gone out you have to take some people out. Planning this whole wedding thing is stressful enough, without stress on top of stress. something has to give, so just make sure its not you.

Is there no way you can encourage any extra funds from parents ???

I dont really have anything of use I think to say on this one apart from hope they don't all want to come ( in the nicest sense) , I am sure it will work out in the end.
    got £500 from his parents but no otyher und s avaiablable...invites out...nothihg to do,,,,drunk now,,,shopoukd sleep fine xxx
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    hey bambi hope you don't have a hangover today. How is everyone doing. I've got all kind of stresses , I haven't been sleeping well either. I'm awfuly tired
  • SUEDIVASUEDIVA Posts: 1,716
    oh bambi i feel for you hun. Hope your ok today. I've been really strict with our guest list and had some arguements with h2b's mom over this. I strictly did not want guests who live in uk who have not been in contact in last yr say to come to day time wedding. At a push they can come to the evening do. For instance h2b cousin and wife have not seen us since our little boy was 2months old he's now 22months. Yet mil2b insisted they come all day. No way. But i know it don't help you much. But i'm thinking of you and sending bigs hugs for ya x:\)
    Thanks everyone for your support....Jess u know me wel....I am terribly hung over...got home at 5.45am...xxxxxxxxxxxxx off to work in a minute xxx
    lol aww bambi keep your chin up, don't let it get you down, its a shame you couldn't have some evening guests it would have eased the burden a bit xx
    it's done now so I have to just wait and see. I have been thinking about it and feel like it is not the extra money that is stressing me so much, it's not knowing whether we will need to find it or not. I guess I like to be in control and I will not be sure about our bill until the RSVP deadline