Help me! I need to find a venue

:\? Hello everyone, I really need some help, I'm really struggling to find a plush venue for my wedding reception. We are getting married next year at the end of May, and being of Nigerian parents need to find a beautiful venue in London that will seat around 300 people. As I am sure some of you can understand the catering is very very important and my parents have said that they will take care of this, but finding a venue of our choice that will allow us to take control of the catering is proving to be difficult, so far they all seem to be insisting that they cater for us. Does anyone have any ideas?

thx

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi,

You could try the decorum - excuse spelling, You do have to pay a bit for the venue hire, its based in North London. Or you could try caterers like Favours, Angels etc, they have venues that they can use and they are based in London. They are african / west indian caterers and should be able to help out.

Sammyjoe x
  • Thanks sammy joe... i'll look into those xax
  • fapohurefapohure Posts: 26
    Being Nigerian, I know exactly how you feel, these venues wil all accomodate 300 guests+, check them out

Glaziers Hall

Decorium - Wood Green

Porchester Hall

Gibson Hall - Liverpool St

The camden centre - Euston - not too sure about it being plush

New cannaught rooms- holborn

wandsworth civic centre

Brent Town Hall - which Im using
  • MamaAmaniMamaAmani Posts: 3
    Help!!! in manchester still looking for a venue for reception, wedding in aug '08, s'thing affordable, max £3k
  • GarrymcGarrymc Posts: 305
    google penridge banqueting suite it holds 320 i think

xxxx
  • GarrymcGarrymc Posts: 305
    allum hall, borehamwood

regent banqueting suite, finchley 280

regency banqueting suite, tottenham

la royale banqueting suite, tottenham holds 600

penridge banqueting suite, southgate 350

Porchester Hall, Bayswater 400

The Paul Daisley Hall, Wembley 500 i think

Ealing, Acton Town Halls are all soo largeand can be pretty-ed up 400 i tihink

Pavillion Banqueting suite- Walthamstow 550

Laguna Banqueting suite, Acton 450

Cavendish Banqueting Hall Colindale 350

Monsoon Banqueting Hall, Uxbridge 400

Callum Hall, New Cross

Crystal Halls, Sydenham forest hill

Bina Halls, Tooting

Athena Palace, Wood Green/Greehn Lanes 250

Grand Palace, Wood Green 350

the list is endless.......will put up more when i can remember. IN MY OPINION, IF UR BUDGET IS UNDER £5K (like mine) for a venue, then FORGET HOTELS AND CONSIDER BANQUETING HALLS. THESE HALLS HAVE AMPLE PARKING, KITCHENS, LET U BRING UR OWN CATERERS AND ARE ALL DONE UP TO LOOK CLASSY SO U DON'T NEED DECORATORS.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • ayusbabeayusbabe Posts: 11
    pleas bnaquesting hall in london. esp East thx
  • sable1975sable1975 Posts: 42
    Hi Abidix,

I called the Penridge today actually, considering them for my wedding in May 09. They charge £3,500 if you want to use your own caterers (inc use of kitchen, tables and chairs) but Favours is actually their preferred caterer. If you want to do it that way they charge £35 per head (inc room hire). Their number is 020 8362 0881. Hope this helps x
  • sable1975sable1975 Posts: 42
    Mrs kush 2 be,

The Pavilion in Walthamstow £3,000 (inc use of kitchen - for reheating - tables and chairs) v friendly on the phone. 020 8223 0606 www.pavilionsuite.co.uk.