Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

is there anybody there!

it's so close to everyones weddings that we've all gone AWOL!

just wanted to say hi!!!

• reetsmorganreetsmorgan Posts: 514
    Hi yes the days are flying by & I'm sure every one is up to there eyeballs in wedding stuff, I'm still here. How's it all going ?
  • rebeccag2brebeccag2b Posts: 350
    I'm still here but where is everybody else? I hope all your plans are going well. I'm starting to freak out about the money and.. well everything. We still have about £10,000 to pay out!! My invitations arrived today, I'm collecting them at lunch time. I hope and pray that everything is ok and they look right.
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    My h2b says none of his money is going into the choc fountain as he didn't authorise it and sees it as a waste of money. i'll get the money from him somehow. i've got 79 days left, the rsvp's are coming in. i still haven't got my shoes or accessories. I sent my veil back to get adjusted, that hasn't come yet, i've still got 20 more invites to make and send out, i haven't started on a table plan and oh dear my fitting is in 5 weeks time and i haven't lost enough weight yet!!!!!!!!
  • natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    hi ladies i'm here, always around! thought you had all done a dissappearing act!!

73 days to go! am soooo looking forward to it!
  • rebeccag2brebeccag2b Posts: 350
    Hey sassy I've got 65 days to go. Starting to feel really nervous about it all. Still got loads to do aswell. I still haven't found a cake supplier and time is ticking away!
    3 of my bridesmaid dresses have arrived, it's just the other two left.......

i'm tired and worn out. I am looking forward to my wedding though, then i can relax after that.
    hi ladies

i'm just waiting on one of the bridesmaids dresses tthe rest are all in!

rebecca dont worry we're in the same boat. we're going to see a new cake shop tomorrow, local to us and reasonable and the cakes are lovely! too much grief with the cake people we have been with lately! hope this one works out! x x x
    Hey ladies

just here for a quickie, meant to be cooking. Sorry to hear about all the cake saga's I know you really don't need it right now. Hope it all works out and you get cakes to die for.

I THINK I have a cake sorted Mr Man is in control of that, He says not to worry. Most other thing covered. 115 days to go .
  • Hi Ladies

just popped in to say hi and see hoe you all are. I truly am tired, 11 weeks to go and there is something to do every day.

WHAT ARE WE ALL GOING TO DO AFTER OUR WEDDINGS??? will we be redundant! LOL
    LOL no we better not be, hopefully we can ask web ed for a married sectionperhaps? then we can discuss the trials and tribulations of married life??? xx
  • shazza12ukshazza12uk Posts: 129
    Hi Ladies

Am off sick today so thought I'd have a catch up and see what everyones up to.

121 days to go and am in the same boat, so much still to do.

Have finally booked the photographer, the videographer and the transportation for the wedding party.

All invites have been sent and rsvps coming in.

Both mine and h2b diets have gone out the window, but we are strating again next week (we both love our food too much and hate exercising).

Next dress fitting is 12th May, and h2b are taking all the groomsmen to order their suits on Saturday.

This weekend I am fitting my sisters new kitchen and laying her floor tiles, so no wedding bits for me.
    damn shazza how to you manage a family life in between your wonder woman duties? lol xx
    true shazz, you got a lot on your plate, the weight will be dropping off on it's own.
  • NaddyNaddy Posts: 114
    Am I the only one who isn't stressing out? I do have 127 to go though, but I feel that I'm pretty organised at the moment and everything appears to be on track.

Saying that I've been off sick with a ruptured achilles tendon for the past 10 weeks so I've had plenty of time on my hands.
    Not to worry Naddy, i'm completely stressed out , i've got 77 days to go, I am getting no help from anyone.
    jess they still not helping you out? maybe you need to have a melt down in front of them and then they will help you..............bit extreme but if they are not listening then i dont see what else you can do............aww poor jess.....................poor naddy too hows the tendon doing now? any better yet?

xxx
    No, I'm still in plaster, but getting it taken off on the 30th. After 12 long weeks!
    No, I'm still in plaster, but getting it taken off on the 30th. After 12 long weeks!
    bet your dying to scratch it! lol
    Hi ladies

Naddy poor you in plaster for so long, was this the result of exercising, if so I allways thought exercise was dangerous.

Jess ask Naddy for her plaster when it comes off and use it to beat your folk into helping you. Havintg said that sometimes if you want a job done properly best do it your self.

I do Taekwon do and it happened during a class. But i think due to running and I had weaken it somehow.