Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

What Wedding Day Scent?

Hi Sorry if this is a random question!

I was thinking about my wedding day perfume and what to wear. I have just got the tom ford Black Orchid, now think its a bit strong!Lol! Might try Bond N0 9 Scent of Peace!Lol!

What wedding day scents are you wearing?

Does your H2B, know you by your scent?Lol!

Strange question I know!

Sammyjoex

• natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    LOL i am not wearing anything i usually wear, i am have coco chanel mademoiselle, i treid it on whilst shopping and its absolutely lovely!! h2b doesnt know what it is!! xx
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Coco Made is really lovely, I was just saying that I read that some brides are wearing the first vera wang. Its cute that some guys do not have a clue, they just know it smells nice!!x
  • natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    my h2b knows all my fragrances hence why i wanted something different for the wedding, something new, which when i wear it will remind him of our special day! xx
    Thats lovely, everytime after he will smell it on you and think back to the wedding day. Sx
  • fapohurefapohure Posts: 26
    I think I will be wearing Michael by Michael Kors. This is my H2B's most favourite scent, which I think is important, and now he knows its called Michael, just like him, he loves it even more!!!

Try asking your H2B.
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    I want to wear my usual perfume as my h2b always knows the smell. he sometimes rings me to ask if i have just left cos when he gets in he can smell it by the door etc.

I think that with all the dress, tiara, maek up etc I want to smell like 'me'.

• lalapinkuklalapinkuk Posts: 725
    a gorgeous scent is also ralph lauren romance and it lasts as well so you dont have to worry about the scent fading after a while x
    Yep, Romance is fab, I like Vera Wang Princess as well. There are so many nice perfumes, I have over a year to wait so I am sure that I will change my mind! Its good to wear the Eau de perfume because it lasts a bit longer than the toilette.

Sammyjoex
  • macabeymacabey Posts: 2,884
    I have been on the scent for my wedding now, since I got engaged in February. I don't want to wear anything that I normally do, as like the dress I want it to be new and something he'll always associate with day of our start as husband and wife.

So, so far the frontrunner is Vera Wang Truly Pink. I've been wearing Coco Madem, RL Romance, Pleasures for years now.
  • LRoseukLRoseuk Posts: 67
    I really love the smell of Calvin Klein's Euphoria Blossom. It smells absoultly gorgeous! I'm gonna get the body was and the lotion so that the fragrance last even longer throughout the day!
  • ZarouhiukZarouhiuk Posts: 28
    Hi,

Have recently discovered the lovely Miller Harris scents. Anyone else tried them? Makes a lovely change, and really felt like I was choosing something unique. They have 2 shops in London, and you can book a free personal consultation where the fragrance consultant sits with you in a private room for as much time as you have, talking about how to choose your ideal scent. They were totally unpushy, helpful and there were several different ones to try. The other cool thing, is on their website they sell sample sets with all their perfumes in, so I'm trying each out on my hubby-to-be as he is quite sensitive on smells, and I want to be sure he isn't completely turned off by the scent I wear on our special day. Am planning it to be a surprise, so will choose one of the ones we both decide we love.

good luck!