Dress Maker in London please!

Hi All,

I am looking for a dress maker in the London area. Someone really good and reliable and quick with it. Most of my bridal party are Non-Afs' so they will have no idea about getting their ankara sewn!

Worst of all, my own Mom is having her big style 60th next month and I have still not found a dressmaker myself!

South East London would be best and convenient. Thanks in advance ladies.

• Mrs OyelayoMrs Oyelayo Posts: 101
    Hi

I dont know one in SE but I know an amazinf tailor in Hackney.

She is good with making the dresses but also coming up with different designs, I have made about 4 dresses with her over the past year and have told other friends abt her who have then got dresses made too.

If you want her details let me know
  • millyshopsmillyshops Posts: 120
    Hi Mrs O,

Could I please get your tailor's details. Thank you in advance!
    Hi her name is Aunty Bukky and her number is 07599251467 or 0208 985 6613.

Tell her Funmi sent you!

Hope you like her work!
  • millyshopsmillyshops Posts: 120
    We are both called Bukky so great sign straightaway image Thanks Funmi x
    Its ok...let me know how it goes!
  • temmy3temmy3 Posts: 1
    Thanks Mrs Oyelayo for your recomendations, but honestly i av lost your contact, kindly contact me again
  • ziggywigsziggywigs Posts: 1,435
    There are two shops in Peckham one that does bridal and bridesmaids dresses but I just had a quick peek in there.

Next door is an internet cafe and at the back is a very good seamstress who made mine and H2B's outfits...she also has good contacts for material locally which are reasonable if you need material. Never seen so many yards of different material ranging up in price!

They are on Peckham High Street just across the road from Peckham bus station.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

temmy 3...did you want my details? or aunty Bukky?