Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Sunscape the Beach Weddings Dom Rep

Hi all

I have just booked my wedding at Sunscape the Beach hotel in the east side of Dom Rep has anyone been there or even better is anyone getting married there? Kerrie-Louise x

• dippy_moo86dippy_moo86 Posts: 1,862
    hiya! We are getting hitched at the melia caribe tropical in bavaro in dom rep next december!
  • khdjfhejkhdjfhej Posts: 17
    We are getting married in the Melia Caribe too. It looks lovely on the East side of the Island;\)
  • Kerrie1ukKerrie1uk Posts: 68
    Hello all

I've been to a wedding at the Melia Caribe last October it was amazing the place is massive and the beach was gorgeous not much seaweed and you could see the little fish swimming in the sea it was that clear. The only thing that put me off a little was that the hotel was too big you seemed to be walking for ages to get to reception and the restaurants. They do supply a train but sometimes by the time it has picked up around the grounds you could have walked quicker. Thats me just being fussy though you will both have a fantastic time I went in October and that is the quietest time to go so they had shut half of the hotel down some restaurants and one of the pools but that didnt bother us at all as there was loads of other restaurants open and another pool which wasn't busy. You will both have a fantastic time and so will your family and friends that you take with you. Have any of you started your paperwork yet? Kerrie-Louise x x