Anyone know of any good Caribbean caterers...need help! Thanks

Hi all,

Got my venue sorted and ceremony...yey! BUT need help with finding Caribbean caterers, that taste like the true caribbean and can present food well! Please help or recommend. Thanks

• fayth-annefayth-anne Posts: 22
    hi

Unique Dream Weddings have alist of caterers which you could choose from give them a ring on 07983915025 or visit their website www.uniquedreamweddings.co.uk. i have book them for my wedding
  • Ellie0608Ellie0608 Posts: 223
    I'd recommend Carribbean Cookpot. Ali has been an integral part in helping us plan our wedding food and has been such a help. Not badly priced either. image

Link attached: http://www.caribbeancookpot.co.uk/
  • Thanks for the link fayth, much appreciated.

Thanks Ellie, yes i have them on my list of caterers, I have a huge list, but wondered if any other brides have used or is using one that I can rely on. I did like their website menus and pictures and have sent an enquiry.

If you don't mind me asking, how much are they charging you and for how many people?

My budget is around £3500 to £4000 for catering. We are looking to have canapes and silver service for 170 people and a finger buffet in the evening for 250 people. Hmmm am I asking for too much for my budget, because I am getting some high quotes back.

Please help.

Thanks
    Apologies for the delayed response Ladylove London.image

We negotiated £33 per head for a three course wedding breakfast for 100 day guests & £9 per head for a buffet for 200 evening guest. In total it came to a little over £5,000 but if you liaise with them I'm sure they can will arrange something to suit your budget
  • nicnicsnicnics Posts: 89
    Hi Lady Love,

How's the caterer search going?? I'm also looking for a Caribbean caterer for my wedding next year.

I have a few on the list who I am in the process of contacting. Here's the list, as you might find it useful? Burrells, Magic Fingers, Sunshine Catering, Favour Catering, MasterChef Catering.

I'll keep you updated as to how I get on.

N x
  • ellie0608, did the £9 per head include cutlery, plates and service?
    Hi brownbabygirl

Our venue are providing the cutlery et al but I assumed that the price quoted was an all inclusive price. x
  • Hi All,

Thanks for all your helpful comments!

Update: I have now found my caterers, we have actually gone with Caribbean Scene based in Stratford London, they are very professional and supplying us with Canapes, wedding breakfast and evening buffet, with all the catering equipment i need. They will also be serving our drinks, which we will supply.

We researched so many Caribbean caterings, never realised there was soo many but we reckoned Caribbean Scene came up on top with quality and price!

The price was not too bad, but not very cheap either. It went just over our budget, but not too much over plus we are getting more than our moneys worth from them! We're happy anyways! image

Good luck with your search ladies!
    Glad you've managed to sort your caterers Ladylove London. As long as the bride is happy then every's happy! image