Venue help desperatley needed!!

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me?

Want to get married next summer so need to get a move on.

Its and African wedding, I'm Nigerian, he's not, but we want it to hold 200 people with space for another 50-60 in the evening. Didn't want it to get this big but it is what it is!

We preferrably want North/ Northwest London but are open to anywhere else (Except South london!)

We just want somewhere decent that's not going to charge an arm and a leg! Venues charging £5000 (without catering) is just madness!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated... please help guys!

• nicnicsnicnics Posts: 89
    Hi JN2JJ,

I'm getting married at Hendon Hall next year, I think it holds 250 so it might just be enough for your numbers. Porchester Hall is also lovely, and I've heard lots on this forum about Decorium in Wood Green, which has a huge capacity. Also, the VIP lounge in Edgeware.

I hope that helps, let us know how you get on. X x
  • JN2JJJN2JJ Posts: 131
    I think those are way out our price range! Thank you though.
  • Tanti1Tanti1 Posts: 41
    York House, Twickenham?
  • Hi there, I know Hatfield House caters for large weddings always worth a try and remember to haggle you can get massive chunks off their "set" prices xx
  • ouch, its going to be a toughy

what about a church hall that you realllllllllllyyyyyyyyy deocrate up with the works..

just curious where is he from
  • JN2JJJN2JJ Posts: 131
    We have our venue now thank you guys!
  • Veve2Veve2 Posts: 13
    where did you book in the end?
  • Would you be intrested in a coffee Van at your wedding

we have done three wedding and have been great

take a look at our website

Kind Regards

Colin

Cafe Italiano

www.cafeitalianocofee.co.uk
  • Hi

Just thought i should mention this company Simply Events London, they source venues for large Caribbean/African/Asian weddings, they do spandex chair covers from £1, sashes, table linen, chocolate fountains, fruit palm trees, champagne fountains, baileys fountains, Caribbean great cake wedding cakes as well as sponge and light fruit cakes, Caribbean catering/African catering etc basically a one stop events company and the owner is fantastic, she done our friends wedding and we could not fault them. www.simplyeventslondon.com

Contact them image