I'm back!!!

Hi ladies,

i will tell you all about my day and how it was..............be warned a bit long!

Right so as you know we booked a hall to have the reception, so the day before the wedding the venue refused to accept the delivery of the tables and chairs! Andrew, had to go there and kick off! Then they tried to say that we could only set up at 1.30pm on saturday afternoon! wedding at 2pm! pisstakers!

so this whole time me and bridesmaid in hairdressers form 11am til 8pm! We come out and hate our hair. so at this point we both almost in tears! Anyways all that aside we get home and my sis didnt get meat for curry goat, she went to get her nails done instead! so anyway me and few bridemaids, h2b and ushers are sorting out things night before wedding, have big fight with mum and she storms out like a child. Anyway cut a long story short h2b didnt go to stay at mums with ushers stayed with us and we all sat up all night preparing things for the next day! went to bed at about 3.45am!

Next morning! we get up all go to hall to set up h2b included (we forgot about not seeing each other before the wedding as the only people we could rely on was each other!) get to hall at 7.30! and me h2b and usher are only people there! others turn up a bit later so now i am emotional again! so much to do not enough time! anyhow we set up the hall but dont finish til 11.30 at which point videographer is at my mums house to film boys but they are still at hall and my mum won't answer the door! photographer then calls to say he is on his way!!!! so now we panick finish hall and leave. image

So needless to say one thing lead to another, and limo had to swing by our house as boys got ready upstairs girls downstairs. we go to pick up my dad and his wife decides now she wants to come to the wedding and wont leave my dads side! starts acting like a two yr old, no i wont get out the car, hes not leaving me, i cant wait by myself for an hour etc! so now i am upset again! image

anyway, boys get to church, limo is late picking us up because he gets stuck in traffic! finally gets here and we are 20 mins late for the wedding!

So now i'm panicking fr brett won't marry us! imageimage

anyway wedding itself was lovely, i cried h2b cried, everyone cried! (MUM DIDNT COME!) :\(

i got to my vows and just couldn't get the words out, i was so emotional, i knew was i was supposed to say but couldn't get it out! It was such a nice service and couldn't have wished for better!image

Reception was fantastic, (dads wife made him leave at 6pm, selfish biatch!) imageimage Everyone had sucha good time, and could see all the effort that we had put into it ourselves, the atmosphere was fantastic, our families mixed well they all got each others numbers and were taking pictures, dancing, laughing there were smiles all around, it was great i could have wished for it to be better. Everyone commented how great my dress was, imagethe food, the music! i couldn't have wished for more, i had a great time surrounded by the people i love that love me back unconditionally! (BTW my mum turned up to reception-My nan was furious!)

Anyway end of night who is cleaning up the hall in her dress with her husband and friends, whilst her mum and sister were outside smoking like chimneys????image:\(imageimage anyway we got back to hotel at 2.40! thats only because my friends dad picked us up and took us away! my sis was scowling at me because we left before her! it was terrible! But hey you can't choose your family!

Thank GOD we go Tobago on thursday!! Can't wait! image

Just to make you laugh, my dad just rang and asked to speak to Mrs Winnery, LOL he's so funny! image x

• reetsmorganreetsmorgan Posts: 514
    Hey Sassy,

I was looking at the p***ing down rain all day yesterday & thinking of you. Big congratulations to you both, sounds like you had the time of your life despite all the other goings on !!! can't wait for photos.

My countdown says I have 41 days to go, I have been banned from the computer at home by Mr man

( I'm at work now, no not because he won't let me near the computer), we're kind of weddinged out now and just want the honeymoon to happen so we can chill.
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    Hey Sassy, I was thinking of you, I'm glad the service and the reception turned out well despite the family drama's. I'm so nervous about mine. Things have started to kick off with one bridesmaid acting funny! My h2b taking out his stress on me.

How was the choco fountain by the way!!
  • Mummy2KMummy2K Posts: 627
    Hi Sassy.

Glad you have a brilliant time! shame about the last minute hic ups but glad to hear it didn't ruin the day! How does it feel to be a Mrs???? lol!!! so happy for you can't wait to see the pics. make sure you and H (no more 2b!!) enjoy your honeymoon! xx
  • Mummy2KMummy2K Posts: 627
    Hi Jess,

is it you next???!!! lol! how long to go??? I can imagine the stress as the wedding gets nearer but i know you'll be fine. wats wrong with your bridesmaid?
  • SUEDIVASUEDIVA Posts: 1,716
    Hi Sassy, i too was also thinking of you as i was travelling to Bristol. So happy that you had a fantastic day and everything went to plan in the end. Can't believe the start of it for ya hun. but hey it all ended brilliant for you and hubby. You totally enjoy your honeymoon and i along with the others can't wait to see your pics xx
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    Sassy!!! I am glad that the most important things came together for you and that you & you HUSBAND are lucky enough to have found each other!!!!!

can't wait for your photos!

WHERE THE FLIP FLAP FLOP ARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi Sassy!! Congrats!! I am glad that everything worked out well in the end!! I hope you enjoy your honeymoon!

• NaddyNaddy Posts: 114
    Congrats Sassy. Live it up on your honeymoon.
  • alleyneukalleyneuk Posts: 139
    Congrats, glad to hear everything worked out in the end. Relax and enjoy your honeymoon!

[Modified by: Somuchtodo on July 02, 2007 10:20 PM]
  • BooWantsBabyBooWantsBaby Posts: 1,738
    Congratulations!!!!

Hope you have a lovely well deserved honeymoon on Thursday!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures

xx
  • natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    HEY LADIES!

honeymoon on thursday got some pics off my mates camera, professional photos will be ready by the time we get back!

Jess fountain was fabulous! the chocolate was devine!!! everyone loved it, it was soooo lush!! xx
  • rebeccag2brebeccag2b Posts: 350
    Congratulations, married lady!

So sorry to hear about all the drama, it was the same for me with my family so I can relate. The most important thing is that you had a great time and you are married to the man you love. Have a fantastic time on your honeymoon, relax and enjoy each other. Can't wait for the pics xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • shazza12ukshazza12uk Posts: 129
    Congratulations Mrs Sassy

I was so willing the rain to stop on Saturday for you.

Glad your day turned out great despite the hiccups. Does it feel any different be a Mrs?
  • isha55isha55 Posts: 254
    Hey Sass,

Congratulations girl, im so happy for u and hubby (does it feel weird!!)

How was ur little one? I bet she looked beautiful!

Enjoy your honeymoon girl, get loads of sun, rum and loving!!!