Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Best wedding make-up for black skin, please HELP?

Hi all

I need help.

I'm getting married in September and still haven't decided on which make up to get!

The problem is intensified by the fact that I'm getting married abroad and will need to apply the make up myself. Hence the need to find the right one asap so that I can try learning:\?.

I found a make up artist who claims to be able to work on black skin and could teach me for £60. But I have now found out that she can only teach me using my own products which I have yet to get ,as I was hoping she could use hers on me and then advise me on what to get.

Is it worth me paying her this money or can I go to s shop and get a make over and use the money to buy the products instead? Does anyone know where the best place to buy make-up/ get make over is?

Please help as I need to decide this week so that I can cancel on her.

Thank you all

Aneisha x

• AndipinkAndipink Posts: 657
    Hi Aneisha,

Not sure where you live but if it's near London, Birmingham or Mancester, I would recommend a makeover at Selfridges as they have Bobbi Brown, MAC & Fashion Fair - all great brands for black skin. Good luck x
  • lalapinkuklalapinkuk Posts: 725
    i found that benefit is really good with my tone it really blends in giving a flawless finish, its def worth a try hun and I use Christian Dior blusher its made up of 4 different colour but once applied it gives a lovely glow x
  • kathysukkathysuk Posts: 518
    Hi there we had this discussion on the end of another thread a couple of weeks ago.. look at the thread for wedding hair it's a bit long but there were a few good recommendations on there. Good luck! ps I suggest Clinique as it nice and light so you hardly know you are wearing make up x
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    Mac is brill and my make up artist is using that on me. Prescriptives is brilliant too and that is what i uses day to day.
  • aneisha13aneisha13 Posts: 53
    Hi Girls

Thank you for your helpful replies. I normally use MAC and Iman but wasn't sure they'd be suitable for the Big day. I have never used prescriptive or clinique but i'd be willing to give them a go....

Do you mind me asking how much your make up artist charges Pinkbambi? Your trial looks fab, not overly done just right. I'm off this saturday to try and buy some. Will let you all know how i get on.

Thanks again

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi, I think Mac is really good for the big day, so are some of the other suggestions, with Mac, it is used in the theatre and catwalk and staying power is needed. They have all sorts of things like studio fix etc, see what they can offer!x