My Day of Sunshine 07.07.07!

Well I am now a Mrs; Boy did the day just whiz by for me. Advice to all those who are preparing for their new day, don't get stressed if the little things don't turn out the way they were scheduled to. You will definitely get hiccups on the day! And try and take in as much as you can!

Two days before the wedding I was running around the headless chicken. After buying new shoes for my Husband on the Thursday, my phone was lost/stolen. This must have been the best thing that happened to me, cause the phone had been ringing every two seconds; everyone had silly questions to ask.

Two days before the wedding my husband's sister and her family cancelled 'family politics' which were determined to ruin my wedding. I spend a whole night redoing my table plans. I'm not even sure if anyone bothered to sit where they were seated in the end...all that sweat and effort for nothing!!

The morning of the wedding I woke up a bit fresher than I had been days before. The sun was beaming outside after days and days of rain, I got up 7.30, washed and by 8.30 my hairdresser/makeup artist had arrived while I was in the bath. Being African all relatives start coming to the house (instead of the church) if there is one thing I would have definitely changed it's the onslaught of relatives, all coming to peek in on me while I was getting my makeup done. By the time I was complete the videographer and photographer and car had already come, my florist had been and gone, my bridesmaids hadn't started changing and everyone was crowding round, I could nearly have screamed. 12.30, the time the ceremony was meant to start. I had just finished getting dressed, and my bridesmaids were all over the place. Relatives just staring at me as if I was a wax doll in a museum instead of getting to the church. I know I was looking good, but they all seemed transfixed!! I was so flustered. I walked out and had some photos by the green in front of my Mum's place. My Mum is so sweet she had planted yellow calla lilies in her garden.

From then on it was all rush rush cause we were already 40 minutes late and I was so flustered. No one had bothered to help my Mum dress the bridesmaids properly!!

We got to the church, and everyone is seated, my fans had been given out but.....!!!! Someone had forgotten the box of order of service scrolls. So had to wait another 5-6 minutes while someone dashed back to my mum's to get them, by then I was hyperventilating, cause I just wanted to get married. 10 minutes later I was walking down the aisle all smiles, my only brother walked me half down the aisle, passed me onto my Dad who walked me to my husband. He looked stunning and nervous, he says when he saw me he was so overtaken by emotion his knees nearly buckled.

We got married, exchanged the rings. We had one hymn, Amazing Grace sung in my native tongue accompanied by drum and shakers, very African, apparently brought tears to peoples eyes they were very moved. We were behind time so pictures at the church were very rushed, but we had no choice, then it was off to the hotel, and more pictures there, so by the time we walked into the reception everyone had had their welcome drinks and were seated, we were welcomed by champagne.

From then on things went by so fast. Food.... speeches.... The cutting of the cake. My 5-tier cake was so delicious apparently but I didn't get to eat any of the choc fudge or vanilla layer.

Cause everything was delayed the evening guests came in around the time the speeches were ending so, we had to straight into opening our champagne and chocolate fountain and our first dance, no time for a breather.

After that it was smiling and greeting everyone the whole night, but by the time I knew it was time for us to retreat, as we had to be at the airport at 5 the next morning.

I wish I could repeat my wedding though, I know I would enjoy it even more the second time around. My favourite part was when my husband made his speech and thanked his bride for planning such a great day!!! image

I promise pictures will follow as soon as i can get hold of some, haven't spoken to the photographer yet, and I can't seem to get the amateur one on file, it's a work in progress.

[Modified by: Jess17 on 18 July 2007 17:06:31 ]

• BooWantsBabyBooWantsBaby Posts: 1,738
    Congratulations Jess....

Wow that sounds very manic, but glad the day went well in the end!!

Where / when is the honeymoon, sounds like a good 2 week break is needed, soon!! lol

Best wishes to you and hubby xx
  • SUEDIVASUEDIVA Posts: 1,716
    Flippin eck hun, that sounds like a right whirl wind, did you manage to take it all in and enjoy it? I just know the day would of been fantastic, you put so much effort, time, tears and stress into it, there was no other way in would of gone.

So a big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your hubby, wishing you a life of fun filled happiness always xxxxx

Can't wait to see your pics
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    tHAT IS BRILLIANT JESS! I CAN'T WAIT FOR PICTURES!!!!!!!! opps! sorry for cap locks!
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Congrats Jess! After all is done it sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!

Wishing you a fab married life!!

XX

• Mummy2KMummy2K Posts: 627
    Hi Jess!!!

Well done!! its sounds like you had a whirlwind of a day! how was your honeymoon?? can't wait for pics. congratulations chick, you worked hard for a brilliant day and it seems you had one, so good work! wishing u and husband a blessed and happy marriage! xxx
  • rebeccag2brebeccag2b Posts: 350
    Many many congratulations to you and your husband. I hope you have an everlasting marriage filled with happiness. Now that the rush is over and you're married, now's the time to just enjoy each other and relax after all that stress. It sounds like it was a wonderful day! All that hard work was worth it in the end, well done xx can't wait for the pics x
  • MoominmummyMoominmummy Posts: 1,621
    Oh my god Jess, I so cant wait to see your photos now! Sounds like you had a great day even though it was rushed - that's the nature of weddings though!!! You also sound so happy right now :\)

Get the pics on here soon - I'm dying to see you in your dress and all the details you've been telling us about over the months!!!

xxxxxxxx Welcome back Mrs ;\)
  • Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    Here are some amateur pics which my where taken on the day. The photographer has promised to send my link to his in the next few days. I had some awful facial expressions though in these pics..be warned. I'm not very photogenic

[Modified by: Jess17 on August 09, 2007 02:34 PM]
  • BooWantsBabyBooWantsBaby Posts: 1,738
    Aww... how lovely!!!

Lovely colour scheme!!! Which company did you get the parasols with? Your dress is beautiful!!

Needless to say you look really stunning - congratulations!!! xx
  • rebeccag2brebeccag2b Posts: 350
    Wow you were right Jess, the dress looked way better on you than the model x
    thank you ladies, the parasols were from ebay. I also got fans £40 for 100, from ebay for all female guest at the church. The must have all thrown them into their handbags, there were none left but didn't see anyone fanning themselves!!
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    Oh jess!!! you look so beautiful!! I feel like i went with you to pick your dress! lol!! it looked beautiful!!!!! like a real princess babe! the bridesmaids looked great too! I swear i feel like i helped plan the day cos i could see all the little things we spoke about on here!

dang girl! we are coming full circle baby!!!!!

congratulations!!!!!
  • AndipinkAndipink Posts: 657
    How gorgeoua you looked Jess and what a whirlwind of a day!! Many congrats!!
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi , I just had a look at your pictures, you looked fab in your dress, after all the stress, you were smiling from ear to ear, so it was well worth it!!xx
    Thanks bambi, thanks girls. Gosh Bambi we did come a long way girl. Like now i've got 352 days til my anniversary lol. It's you left girl, only about 4 weeks to go. I'm mega excited for you girl, the stress is all worth it in the end. Just remember to take it all in , slow down. When my h2b dragged me away to retire I really just wanted to stay behind and boogie. I think for my 10th anniversary, i really must have a huge party that last the night away so i can boogie
    I didn't get to do the dutty wine!! bugger!
  • SUEDIVASUEDIVA Posts: 1,716
    Jess you look stunning, love the dress, the parsols everything about your wedding. The colour scheme was lovely. I bet your on a high still.

Quick question who did your centre bowles? Was it easy to do? x
    My florist did all the flowers, I found her here on the YYW forum can you believe, her name is Rebecca and she is absolutely brilliant, and her prices are so reasonable. There was a beautiful display in the church all very tropical, and she decorated my cake and tables with petals. Our bouquets had bling in them though you can't see on the photo's hope it comes out on the professional photo's.

Her website is

http://www.rdweddingdesign.co.uk
  • jaynekukjaynekuk Posts: 2,893
    You look fab. I love the colors your bridesmaids are in. What a wonderful day by the looks of it. Beautiful.

All the best, and congratulations,

love jayne.x :\)
  • penguinukpenguinuk Posts: 705
    What great photos! you look fantastic! Congratulations to you both!
  • natasha_uk25natasha_uk25 Posts: 2,253
    jess you looked great!!! you've done so well lost loadsa weight got into your dream dress (defo the right dress) i texted you the morning of your wedding from tobago to say good luck but if lost it then you wouldn't have gotten it, i woke up on the 07th and thought of you! i prayed that you had beautiful weather and it looks like you did! congratulations!! xxx
    Thanks Sassy, just waiting for the professional pics now lol.
  • NaddyNaddy Posts: 114
    Congratulations Jess. Great pictures. Love the colour scheme and the parasols were a nice touch.
    Thanks Naddy. I wish I could repeat the day !!! lol
  • kathysukkathysuk Posts: 518
    Just in case you didn't see my message on the general chat -congratulations on a beautiful wedding.

Kathy