Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

hi am i allowed ?

hi im jules and wondered if im allowed to play wiv u girls?? lol im white british but h2b black he comes from nevis although been in britain since he was a child. we are trying to have a mixed wedding i.e we will have caribean food and traditional english as well , any other ideas .want to cater 4 a mixed crowed as there will be elders from his family . hugs jules x

• Mummy2KMummy2K Posts: 627
    Hi Jules,

Welcome to the site! the only thing i can suggest at the moment is maybe having a traditional caribbean cake. someone from h2b family mostly likely will know how to make one, or you can find a caribbean cake maker.

hope this helps xx
  • jules-rulesjules-rules Posts: 7,025 New bride
    yes thar would be a great idea , thanku 4 the welcome mrs e, xx
  • AndipinkAndipink Posts: 657
    Hi Jules,

I'm black british and my h2b is white british. We are having tasters of the Caribbean by having rum punch and tables named after the Bajan parishes. Still trying to think of other things!!
  • Hey Jules,

The others are really good ideas, rum punch and cake..

Also you can consider entertainment - steel band...?

Traditions of jumping over a broomstick after ceremony?

In our family we have only had a varied selection of foods and that has gone down well image We are off to Jamaica, so all the traditions are pretty one sided, but do whatever makes you and your h2b happy, and fits your wedding style...

Let us know what you choose

xx
  • kathysukkathysuk Posts: 518
    hey there, welcome to the forum..we are both black british getting married in Cyprus, so we are trying to bring a little of the Caribbean to Cyprus instead! We are going to have traditional cake (hopefully if we take it on the plane) and we will be taking a selection of music on our ipod just in case, and we are having rum punch for drinks!!

I think music will be great way to suit everyone as well..when is your big day?
  • jules-rulesjules-rules Posts: 7,025 New bride
    hiya getting married in june 28th , thinking of having the rum punch and the cake . think i may pass on the broomstick thing lol xxxx whens ur big day ??