Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Hen night

Hi, just want to know what sort of things are you all doing for your hen night? I'm considering a girlie weekend to Barcelona or Euro disney.

I considered leaving it to my chief bridesmaid to organise but i am such a perfectionist i would prefer to say what i want and just give her a list of people to invite.

Should i just chill and leave her to organise it all? what are you all doing?

Any ideas would be great.

• AndipinkAndipink Posts: 657
    Sorry, wrong post!

[Modified by: Andipink on March 08, 2008 10:20 PM]
    Hey koolbride, I'm going to Fuengirola with 15 hens, we have hired a massive villa and including the flights, this has come to £200 each.

Like you, I know what I like so I collected the money from the girls, and booked the flights & villa myself. One of my bms is organising what we actually do when we get there. If you have the time, do it yourself!!

When do you get married?
  • koolbridekoolbride Posts: 85
    I'm getting married on the 7th June how about you?

Your hen night sounds fab and the price is good, hope you guys have fun.

I enjoy organising events so i think i will organise my own hen night, i am so tired planning my wedding and running after my kids i think i need a spa weekend, but that is so predictable, i came across lap dancing class hen parties.....not sure all my hens would be amused!

I want to have fun but do something different, think it might be barcelona.
    You sound like you deserve some time away!! I'm 3rd May, not long now for either of us!!
  • minijominijo Posts: 130
    Hi I have just booked Barcelona for my Hen we are going in June and the flights have cost £100 and we are booking a new modern apartment right in the centre of Barcelona for £80 each. It works out cheaper than a hotel and is more fun if your all together x
  • 141Bash141Bash Posts: 500
    We are having a hen night as we cannot afford a whole weekend. There'll be abput 14 of us and we are having a Japanese themed evening in Soho. We are having a meal in a Japanese restaurant first, then going on to a private karaoke place where you have your own room with the karaoke just for your group. The guests are being invited to decide if they want to come to just the meal, just the karaoke, or both. The meal is going to be a more sophisticated affair, then the crazy hen night part of the evening starts on the way to the karaoke! I don't know any more of the details as it's over to my sister, the maid of honour, who is organising it all for me! She knows I am not a big drinker so it isn't going to be drinking games, and I said no strippers, but apart from that I don't mind, so no doubt I will have some ridiculous outfit to wear and forfeits to perform...
    Cluders, that is a great idea, i have always wanted to do karaoke, may have to steal your idea if you dont mind.

Is the karaoke place in London?
  • nuttyenuttye Posts: 111
    I want to do a combined hen/stag do with h2b and just the bridal party (i.e. best man, groomsmen, maid of honour and bridesmaids).

I'm thinking that we'll go away to Alton Towers as I've always wanted to go, and I reckon it'll be lots of fun!

Anyone else doing a combined thing?
    i considered doing a combined hen/stag night, but h2b says it defeats the purpose of such nights, i dred to think what his going to get up to or maybe the thought of me seeing him tied to a lamp post in the city is too much for him!! (lol)
  • 141Bash141Bash Posts: 500
    There are two main ones - Karaoke Box in Soho and Smithfields (London) and Lucky Voice in Soho. I think there is a Lucky Voice in Manchester. They have a website. We are going to Karaoke Box which is less luxurious than Lucky Voice but the staff are nicer at Karaoke Box apparently. Karaoke Box is more Soho-y, a bit seedy and strip-club-looking apparently, but given that we'll probably all be wearing rubber willies on our heads it doesn't really matter that it's not the most sophisticated venue...
    Karoake Box in Soho is excellent, Cluders, I went there for my bday and we had such a laugh. They had a massive selection of all kinds of music, really up to date too. You'll love it!!