Hair and make-up leeds/yorkshire

Hi everyone

This is my first posting. I am struggling to find someone to do my hair and make-up for my wedding (in August!). It would probably be easy if I lived in London, but unfortunately I'm in Leeds! I usually relax my own (afro) hair at home and do my own make-up so don't know where to start really. Any suggestions of where to look would be very gratefully received.

Michaela x

[Modified by: sheera on 26 March 2008 20:29:28 ]

• majanukmajanuk Posts: 76
    Hi Sheera

I am also getting married in west yorkshire but not until March 09. There is a good black hairdresser in leeds town centre, she is a friend of h2b family and will be doing my hair for my wedding, im not from leeds but I will find out the address of the shop for you and you can check her out.
  • sheerauksheerauk Posts: 3
    Thanks, that would be great.

• eflearyefleary Posts: 5
    For make up try Bobbi Brown or Mac Cosmetics. All the make up artists are trained to apply cosmetics for women of all ethnicities. The great thing is you can book in for a trial (selfridges, House of fraser etc.) and then ask them if they work freelance - most of them do.

No idea for hair in Leeds though! Good luck xx
  • eflearyefleary Posts: 5
    For make up try Bobbi Brown or Mac Cosmetics. All the make up artists are trained to apply cosmetics for women of all ethnicities. The great thing is you can book in for a trial (selfridges, House of fraser etc.) and then ask them if they work freelance - most of them do.

No idea for hair in Leeds though! Good luck xx
  • Mimi7ukMimi7uk Posts: 41

Hello Sheera

If your still trying to frind assistance, theres a lady who could assist in your area thats affordable too.

You can e-mail or pm for more information