Favour Catering

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well. Was wondering if anyone has ever used or heard anything about Favour Catering? So for after enquires they seem quite professional, and I am going to a food tasting next sunday. However, I would love to know what they are like on the service front...

Any help is much appreciated.

Amina xx

ps. Is anyone else sick of hearing "You have a whole year (or however long) until the wedding? That's plenty of time" AARRRGGGHHHH!!!

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    I know Nigel from Favors, nice guy, food gets great reports, good luck.x
  • GarrymcGarrymc Posts: 305
    hey hun,

uche here!! changed my username that's all. Favours hve a good rep. very good indeed. but hun, weren't u having non-nigerian food at your wedding??
  • minaminaukminaminauk Posts: 157
    Hi Hun,

Its for the trad. Its going to be quite a big affair I think. Even thinking of getting a suya house to come an set up a suya station! xx
  • minaminaukminaminauk Posts: 157
    Thanks Sidewalk also. This helps a lot! x
  • ieashaaieashaa Posts: 10
    Hi

I have never heard of Favour Catering before, but I was fed up of everyone saying "You have lots of time what is the rush". I am getting married 2nd August 2008, I know get told "it's a good thing you started early". Girl just do what you have to do.

Good luck with the tasting.:\)
  • Most of the weddings I attended in 2006/2007 Favour Event was covering it.. they are good and come Highly recommended
  • ngozi76ngozi76 Posts: 53
    Hi,

Just wanted to comment on Favour. Have attended 2 weddings where they catered. I found them extremely professional at both weddings and the food was well presented not to mention extremely tasty, Just the right amount of pepper lol... Considering using them myself. That level of service comes at a price and its just whether my budget can stretch. The food is so important so make sure you ask lots of questions. Let me know your feedback from the tasting.
  • Eme91Eme91 Posts: 35
    I'm using favours at my wedding in November and I'm 100% impressed with their service so far
  • Hi Eme91

I am still thinking about using them. Main issue is cost however don't want to comprise with the quality of the food so in some respects don't mind paying for good. Do you mind me asking what dishes you have chosen for the day and how much they are charging?

I don't think you will be disappointed. The only thing that I found a bit annoying at the second wedding that they catered for is that they had their buisness cards (not your usual same size) on every table and scattered on the tables for the drink reception. I just found it a bit untidy and thought that it spoiled the couples table display. Thought, they could have just had them on the main serving table or at least given them out to individuals after the main meal (not sure if the couple had agreed with them to display the cards the way they did). Just my personal opinion. You may want to discuss this with them if not already done so.
  • sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    That is annoying and tacky of that, the only thing I can think of is that Nigel gave the couple a discoun or deal in exchange for being able to market the catering services. you can always make sure that Nigel does not do this at your wedding.
  • IphieIphie Posts: 1
    Do you know the number for favour catering?