Bridal Underwear

Hello girls!

I am getting married on 2.8.08 and have jsut started looking for my bridal underwear. I usually wear black underwear (in fact do not own any white/cream underwear!). I was just wondering what colour underwear other brides will be wearing. I have been looking at creams but not really sure.......my dress is light gold.

Thanks x

• koolbridekoolbride Posts: 85
    I am wearing an ivory dress so have gone for cream underwear.

With a gold dress you should look for gold underwear or black.

Department stores have a good selection.
  • nuttyenuttye Posts: 111
    Gosh, so funny this thread has started - I was just talking to my dressmaker yesterday, and she was saying how important it is I wear the same underwear (preferably similar to what I'll wear on the wedding day) to each fitting... I've heard to get nude/skin coloured underwear is best under the wedding dress, then change into something more... ahem.. racier ;\) Where are people looking for theirs?
  • EmberukEmberuk Posts: 117
    I got mine from figleaves but Im yet to try it on with the dress. The good thing is it has a low back so there shouldn't be a problem.
  • I rang my bridal shop this afternoon and they suggested that I didn't need a bra. This hadn't even crossed my mind but makes a lot of sense! Have had a quick look in John Lewis but that is about it.
  • catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149 New bride
    Have yet to get mine, but probably Bravissimo & probably ivory as this will go with the dress, and they're the best for range & fit if you're a certain size!

Personally? I think there's nothing worse than black underwear on show if you have a cream/white ivory dress....
  • BooWantsBabyBooWantsBaby Posts: 1,738
    I haven't got mine yet... but thinking of getting white underwear to match with the dress and its design.

Then getting changed into something else for the night

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/

http://www.rigbyandpeller.com/

http://www.bravissimo.com/

http://www.agentprovocateur.com/index.php

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/pure-luxury.htm

Try department store like House of Fraser, Selfridges etc for La Perla, Elle Macpherson and many of the designers above

xx
    Hey Tinkerbell,

Actually, a work colleague recommended Rigby and Peller to me, so I'll probably make an appointment. Reckon they're going to be a bit pricey though...
    Here's my tuppence worth. Made a fruitless trip to Bravissimo on Monday (After they told me ALL stock was available online, in the stores & in their catalogue). Only to find that only two bridal styles were in stock with the remainder due at the end of the month.

Off I went to Rigby & Peller. I don't think their range is as good as Bravissimo, but gave it a shot. Was fitted by their assistant who squeezed me into a bra 3 sizes too small and she then had the nerve to tell me it fitted perfectly! Needless to say, I have a very low opinion of Rigby & Peller.

To make a long story short. Ordered a bra from Figleaves on Monday night. It came this morning & is a perfect fit!Very reasonably priced too. I'm VERY impressed, and will order from there again.
    Sorry to hear about that catlover, i've heard from others that Rigby & Peller's customer service isn't great in some of their branches. I always stick to the Knightbridge branch, tried another one, and wasn't impressed... i would agree and say Rigby & Peller's range isn't as vast, I haven't looked at their bridal range yet. I usually just get measured and explain what i'm looking for and they bring in what they have in my size.... so maybe they're range isn't the best!!

Nuttye, i've usually spent £80-100 for a set, not sure if they're bridal range is more expensive.

Let us know how you get on

Only 4mths left to we get to Jamaica, so i best start looking for mine!!!

Hi Tinkerbell. I went to the King's Road branch on Monday. I've also been to their branch at Bluewater, and I have to say I don't understand the R & P vibe. Another girl friend of mine swears by them, but TBH - think their range is very limited for the larger busted lady, and as for their fitters? They don't have a clue!

What is the service like in Knightsbridge then? And how big is the range??
    I'm planning to make an appointment for the Rigby and Peller in Knightsbridge this Monday, I'll definitely update you on how it goes.

Tinkerbell, that's how about how much I expected to pay. But I'm a bit concerned because between now and my wedding day (four-and-a-half months - WOW!!!) I'm going to lose about 15kg minimum - thinking I might need to buy a set of underwear for my dress fittings now, and the exact style in whatever size I am just before the big day? Not sure, will speak to my dressmaker...

This is open to all you ladies, but you're not obliged to answer: what are you wearing for your wedding night??? I'm thinking just a lovely thong, and a beautiful kimono robe, but now I'm not sure because I've seen some gorgeous white lace bra/panty/suspender sets - VERY interested in what you're all planning! image

I usually go during the week, so it is never very busy, and i find they really helpful... always come out with a lovely set. The branch is quite small, but i allow them to choose a set for me depending one what they have in my size... They usually come back with 3-4 sets for me to choose from (not the largest range) but i never go in with a particular style i want. Don't know how good they would be for choosing bridal wear?!

Just got an email from Brastop.com Offering 20% off, thought i'd share...

http://www.brastop.co.uk/

"This exclusive offer is valid for your next order only and expires midnight Sunday 27th April.

Enter ???????SAVE??????? at the checkout to receive your EXTRA 20% Discount"

I'll be going to bed on my wedding night in PJ's and a hot water bottle image due on the day before image and don't want to mess up my 'system' with taking those tablets to postpone it, as we want to try for a baby.... So i'll be the miserable b2b in Jamaica - the joy!! ha...

So going to have our wedding night the week later - haven't thought about what i'd be wearing buy the kimono robe and thong sounds a lovely idea!! Going to have a look online now... Really don't have long left now :\?

Aiming to lose a stone by Aug... Diet starts on Monday!! Good luck to you to Nuttye xx

• sammyjoeuksammyjoeuk Posts: 3,596
    Hi Tinkerbell, I am starting a diet on monday to fit into my dress!! I am ordering it tomorrow, Good luck Nuttye, Tinkerbell Dont worry about your first night, there will be plenty of time later. fingers crossed TTC.

I now have to worry about what to wear for the first night in bed, I find that Myla has some lovely bits for the first night, actually for every nightimage

I am going to speak to Mirror Mirror and find out what I need to wear under my dress.x
    Oh, poor you Tinkerbell... Thanks for your best wishes, you too Sidewalk :\)
    Oooh, forgot to give you ladies the update on my Rigby and Peller trip... I went to the Knightsbridge branch; it has a ticket system, and there were about three people ahead of me. It was brief because by the time a consultant took me in the changing room to take my bra/top off, she said I should come back when I've loxs my weight in a few months time as the underwear is quite pricey. Just by looking at me, she told me I had the wrong bra size - sure enough when she brought me the new size, it fit much better!

A good visit :\)
  • You can probably get away with any colour! I wore burgundy (from ASDA - Long story!!!) I spent a fortune on stuff from M&S and then saw some really lacy burgundy undies in ASDA. As bridesmaids were wearing burgundy I got them for a alugh. My sister said they were actually nicer than the M&S ones and felt I should wear them to be different. I can tell you that hubbie went mad for them onthe wedding night!!!!

Enjoy your shopping.

Rita R

xx
  • does anyone know where to get a full corset for an extra busty gal? All the ones i've seen are for people with a smaller than an e-cup size (and i'm a fair bit larger than that!) or just aren't supportive enough. I know i could wear an underbust corset but i would really love a full corset that doesn't push my bust up into my face, and one i could easily wear again under other outfits
  • 141Bash141Bash Posts: 500
    My wedding is also on 2nd August 08! I got my bra from Rigby and Peller in Chelsea and they were really helpful. It is by Fantasie and is cream with lace and peach embroidery, a strapless. She also said by sight I was wearing the wrong bra, I went in as a 34D and came out as a 32DD! Since then I have bought new bras in the new size, not from R & P but from Bravissimo, and it's been fantastic! Back to the wedding bra, I am getting the matching knickers and garter from R & P, plus some silk hold-up stockings from John Lewis, and the bridal underwear will be what I wear on the wedding night. How long I wear it for will be up to my husband!!!....
    Nuttye and Cluders glad you had a good visit!! Good luck with the weight loss Nuttye!

AyoG - i've posted a few popular weblinks further up. Have a look at Bravissimo, they go up to cup G/H http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/dressing-up-solutions

xx
  • Jubilee77Jubilee77 Posts: 2,213
    I wore cream shortie panty things.... keep the air flow going! lol I had a bra that went with the dress well and my evening dress i didn't need a bra with, even with my post bay dodgy boobs!