Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Lace front wigs

Has anyone had any experience of wearing these that they would like to share. I had never even heard of these until I happened accross one on an american website. I love the idea of them but am just worried that it will look fake and like a wig, obviously I want to look natural on my big day but I can't do the things with my hair that I would like to and don't really like the idea of weaves as have heard bad stories about you enduing up with big bald patches if they are not done right. ANy help would be gratefully recieved. Thanks

• SBHSALONSBHSALON Posts: 43
    Hi, I'm a hair dresser and if you are thinking of wearing a lace front for your wedding, please get consultation at least two months before the wedding. Lace fronts come in different shapes and sizes. They can also be custom made for your head shape. The reason i say get a consultation months before the wedding is so that you can have one fitted and wear it for a month before the wedding to see how you feel with it on and how comfortable you are with it. This also helps your stylist understand what adhesive works for you and what doesn't. Once you have your lace wig fitted, you can have it styled for the big day anywhere, even at a European salon. Hope this helps.
  • Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of ordering one via the internet rather than going to consult someone about it.

And are they uncomfortable to wear then?

Sorry for all the questions but I have only just heard about these and they seem absolutely ideal for what I want without wrecking my hair. EEEks - so much to think about!
  • SBHSALONSBHSALON Posts: 43
    For your first time, I wouldn't order it off the net, not without getting advice first. For instance there is the problem of size.

No it isn't uncomfortable to wear, quite the opposite actually. Its great for giving your hair a rest and when fixed right it can look amazingly natural. Follow the link, for videos on applying lace wigs.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lace+front+wig&search_type=

And please feel free to ask as many questions as you like. I've had so much wedding vendor advices from other b2b, Im so glad i can also be of service to someone else.
  • Thanks for the link I have watched a few of those. I wouldn't know how o find someone local to me that does them to get a conultation as there are no black hairdressers near me at all, haven't even had my haircut since I was 9 lol.

Will carry on googling and see what I can come up with. Thanks again.