Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Chafing Dishes

Would anyone know where i could hire about 20 chafing dishes for a good price? Anywhere in london would do.

• SBHSALONSBHSALON Posts: 43
    Hi, a friend of mine paid £30 each for her chafing dishes at her wedding last year. I wouldnt know if its a good price or not, as i have no experience of ordering them. I havent asked her for the contact details of her supplier as I am getting married in August 09 and I think it would be too early to book them now, however if you do need the details Im happy to ask her for you.
  • N1SEXYTINGN1SEXYTING Posts: 111
    wow £30 each, my caterer's quoted me £10 but my mum already have some, at £30 i would rather buy them from Makro and sell them afterwards. Try Teekay caterer's i posted their number in the other thread but can get it for you if you can't find it
    Thanks for the tip, I will keep their details. Do they rent them out, even if you aren't using them for you food catering?
  • Thanks, I hadn't thot of buying them, but since i need them for two days, it might work out cheaper in the long run. I'll rummage through the posts for teekays number tho. £10 sounds really good.
    Bored at work, so i thought I'd surf vendors, came across this company the deals with hiring of event cutlery and the offer chafing dishes for £7 per dish for hire. http://www.classictablewarehire.co.uk/page_1168478777000.html
  • jojoPMjojoPM Posts: 825
    Wanted to know the answer to this question myself, SBHSALON that price is excellent but they're not in London. The cheapest I've found so far is £10-£11 so I was debating whether I'd be better off buying and then selling them afterwards. Does anyone know how much they go for in Makro?
    No they are based in Beds, however they Operating a delivery/collection service in and around Beds, Bucks, Herts, Northants, and by special arrangement to North London.
    Oh well that's a shame, it's no use to me as I'm in SE London.
  • ieashaaieashaa Posts: 10
    There is a shop in Alperton with is selling them at the moment at £25 each, then you can always sell them on ebay afterwards.:\)

• Hello,

Maybe I can help.:\)

I've got chafing dishes that I normally hire out for weddings & parties for £10 each. I'm based in London.

Call me on 07947 970259 if you're interested.

• N1SEXYTINGN1SEXYTING Posts: 111
    They cost about £30 in makro, i checked last time i was there. i think its good to have them for yourselves especially if you know you're someone that has a number of functions to do over a period of time!
    Quoted:
    Hello,

Maybe I can help.:\)

I've got chafing dishes that I normally hire out for weddings & parties for £10 each. I'm based in London.

Call me on 07947 970259 if you're interested.

Where in London are you and how many can you supply?
  • JoJoPM, I'm in East London but can arrange delivery if required.

How many would you like?
    I need 11, can you help?
  • Yes I can.

When do you need them for?
    6th September, would they have to be back to you immediately? If they're available for that day I'll call you.
  • The 6th of Sept is still available.

Give me a call to discuss.