Am I the only person that doesn't normally wear makeup?

Just curious, I never ever, and I mean NEVER wear makeup. Obviously I will for my big day but am a bit worried about it, I really want it to be so simple that it's not obvious and I'm worried about silly stuff like rubbing my eyes or something and forgetting I've got it on!

I haven't had a trial run or anything yet a friend of a friend is supposed to be taking care of it but I'm still a bit unsure about it. Any tips? I'm in London.

• diddumsukdiddumsuk Posts: 566
    Hey, i dont usually wear makeup, apart form when i go out on a special occasion. Depending on what colour your eyes are, i would go for very natural colours and a bit of mascara. I have brown eyes and love wearing a creamy(slight dark pink tinge) colour on my eyelid then a tiny amount of black (or other dark natural colour) on the outer corner of my eye lid, and smudge it in slightly to give a slightly 'smokey' look. its hard to describe but looks lovely! I also always wear concealer around my eyes to get rid of the bag and black tiredness lines lol. Some bronzer on my cheeks also gives me a healthy glow lol.

I suggest you buy a palette of different colour, urban decay has a lovely set, and see what colours suit you best. Make up counter in department stores will also give you free make overs, tell them what you want and they dp it. I had a make over at the urban decay counter in boots and the girl did a lovely job image

Oops tht was somewhat longer than i expected. Hope i helped even a little (sorry if i just rambled and didnt help lol) xxx
  • clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    Hiya - Go to some makeup counters in a department store - I suggest Selfridges. Take an honest friend with you too.

Tell them you are there to ask for some suggestions . ideas for wedding makeup. They will give you ideas as well as tips for applying makeup. You usually end up leaving with loads of freebies too!
  • ONELOVEukONELOVEuk Posts: 141
    I never, ever wear make up (except lippy) either but am going to try out some of the make up counter's and get a makeover, I think MAC maybe my first point of call. I've read on here that their Prep & Prime product is really good.

[Modified by: OneLove on May 14, 2008 10:11 PM]
  • jojoPMjojoPM Posts: 825
    Thanks ladies, it's kinda what I thought.

Onelove - will you be doing your own makeup once you've had a makeover?
  • N1SEXYTINGN1SEXYTING Posts: 111
    I also hardly ever wear make-up apart from lip gloss/lipstick and eye shade which i always forget to reapply image

The make-up lady who is a friend of my mum knows this so she came with the attitude to do something light on me and did not want to throw me off by painting my face into someone i wouldn't recognise and ladies I LOVED IT. i got complimented all day long and when i looked at my pics i must say i thought WOW, it wasn't heavy at all but it really did extentuate my features.

oh and i had a full facial the day before which i woul recommend as a MUST, that cleanse my face so that my face was fresh and this made the make up look even better, all in all, i'm starting to understand make-up image
    Thanks for the tip Sexyting, I was hoping for something light where it will barely look like I'm wearing anything. I like the idea of a facial, what type did you go for? Sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm just not very girly and don't know much about these things.
    It was called a refining facial and according to their leaflet is good for 'cleansing, toning, massage and moisturising the face. good for blackheads' and it worked so well, i posted some pics in the general chat thread

they also had a mini facial, organic clay mask and moor mud cleansing facial. i loved it so much i'm doing it again for my 31st nikkai ceremony and receptionimage

[Modified by: N1SEXYTING on May 16, 2008 10:38 PM]
    Where did you have it done, I'm assuming you're in London?
    its a salon in North London, N17
    What's the name of the type of facial? I guess most salons do the same, there must be one local to me that can provide the same.

Congratulations by the way! I congratulated you on the other thread, what's married life like so far?
  • ONELOVEukONELOVEuk Posts: 141
    Quoted:
    Thanks ladies, it's kinda what I thought.

Onelove - will you be doing your own makeup once you've had a makeover?

I'm getting married in Grenada next year and have yet to discover what can be provided in terms of make-up etc but am going there in a couple of weeks to visit possible venue. So, will have a better idea then but I may well be doing my own, I want a natural, barely there look so will need to get as much practice in as possible.

[Modified by: OneLove on May 16, 2008 11:24 PM]