Forum home Archived African/Caribbean Weddings

Single status affidavit, help!

(This post has been deleted.)

• gem_sweetiegem_sweetie Posts: 1,898

Hi tinkerbride

Me and my H2B are in the same position we are getting married in Antigua. The only thing I can find about what Grenada need is

"Proof of status You need an affidavit, or a letter from a clergyman, lawyer, or Registrar, on official letterhead, confirming that you have not been married before or are free to marry".

I found this on the confetti website but I dont no if this will help I was looking for me to to see what antigua would need and its the same.

Good luck

luv Gem xx
  • (This post has been deleted.)
  • catlover64ukcatlover64uk Posts: 1,149 New bride
    The High Commissions for Antigua & Grenada should be able to advise. Google them and get the phone nos....
  • Hi Tinkerbride,

Did you manage to get your single status affidavit sorted out?

Me and my H2B are also getting married in Grenada in September but have however only booked 2 weeks ago, so when the affidavit subject came up we panicked slightly.

I was lucky in that my that my travel agent had a template and is faxing it to me tomorrow.

If you have any advice then please could you let me know as i want to make sure that we have the right thing.

Tash
  • Hi Tinkerbride,

Yes please if you could email me a copy of your affidavitt that would be great.

My email address is [email protected]

What date are you flying?? We fly out on the 31 August from Gatwick, wedding is booked for the 8th Sept and we are stying at the Rex Grenadian. Where are you staying?

Tash:\)

• Hi Tinkerbride,

Yes please if you could email me a copy of your affidavitt that would be great.

My email address is [email protected]

What date are you flying?? We fly out on the 31 August from Gatwick, wedding is booked for the 8th Sept and we are stying at the Rex Grenadian. Where are you staying?

Tash:\)