Make Up artists

I really need someone to recommend me a make up artist. My friend for married last November and had an Asian lady from Leeds who boasted about having done celebrities like Ashwariya Rai and Shilpa Shetty etc and she charged like £600 to travel 60 miles and do her make up which is VERY steep in my opinion.

I wanted to use MAC anyone else planning on using them or has anyone used them and had good reviews. My only worry is that English make up artists can be quite subtle with the make up and I dont want subtle lol I want full blown eyeshadow and bright fushcia and green colours as they're my colour themes.

If i showed a picture of my ideal make up surely they should be able to do it? Right?image

• tracy_ptracy_p Posts: 17
    with Asian make-up using a retail artist isint always the best idea ..dependent on who you use they only have been trained in certain types of make-up.A freelance artist is usually your best bet that way you can have the trial etc.

If you leave your email address i can put you in touch with a make-up artist who does asian wedding makeup.(friend of a friend)

• Quoted:
    I really need someone to recommend me a make up artist. My friend for married last November and had an Asian lady from Leeds who boasted about having done celebrities like Ashwariya Rai and Shilpa Shetty etc and she charged like £600 to travel 60 miles and do her make up which is VERY steep in my opinion.

I wanted to use MAC anyone else planning on using them or has anyone used them and had good reviews. My only worry is that English make up artists can be quite subtle with the make up and I dont want subtle lol I want full blown eyeshadow and bright fushcia and green colours as they're my colour themes.

If i showed a picture of my ideal make up surely they should be able to do it? Right?image

Yes, if you have a pic you like, a proper freelance artist should be able to recreate the look you want. I would steer away from the counters though if you are going for the traditional Asian bridal look. A great book for ideas is 'The Asian Bridal Look Book' (Google it) which is really good and has a look for every colour theme you can think of, with hair ideas too.
  • BabyLuk1BabyLuk1 Posts: 259
    hi rochelle

am i thinking you're a make up artist based in leicester/hinckley area?

i posted on another forum and someone recommended you.

they said you worked with a lady called Amy who did the hair?

if this is the case, do you charge an aggregate price if you both do the hair and makeup?

thanks for your comment re purelight. its always good to hear positive things about suppliers!

[Modified by: BabyL on October 30, 2008 04:20 PM]

• Hi, I'm in Melton but cover Leics. I'm not allowed to advertise on here but if you email me through my profile I'll respond.