Forum home Archived Asian Weddings

Lengha Designers London

Hi, I am getting married in August. I need to find my bridal lengha. Does any one recommend any good designers in London?

I am going Seasons in Ilford and Chiffons in Green Street this weekend. If anyone has any other good recommendations, please let me know.

Thank you image

• BabyLuk1BabyLuk1 Posts: 259
    i'm having my wedding dress made by Chiffons!

v nervous because its an amalgamation of about 3 different dresses and some other stuff on top so i dont really know what its going to look like on me!

Bubs was really patient though but i'd say that just stick to your budget and make sure you get what you want.

Raishmas which is in the same line as Chiffons, and only a few doors down, also do couture stuff.
  • Hi BabyL, I went to see Bubs a few weeks ago, but she told me to come back to see her new range. How long is your outfit going to take? She has really nice stuff, im sure its going to look fantastic.

Did you go for a traditional look?
    i always wanted a fusion style but didnt know anything more than this! what i've gone for is a western style dress but with pearl and diamante embroidery and with a short veil. im getting married this July so Bubs was keen to get my order in asap. i just couldnt decide on anything so now im just like "have i made the right decision???" yikes! let me know what the new collection is like, x
  • pd82pd82 Posts: 6
    Hi- am getting married in July and ordered my outfit today!! am very excited at the moment!

I know quite a few people who have bought from Chiffons, and was anticipating buying from there too but today I popped into raishma randomly and was really pleasantly surprised at how friendly they were, and the huge amount of variety compared to chiffons. 3 hours, lots of outfits, pins, colour charts and embroidery dilemmas later I walked out having ordered a lovely layered corseted maroon dress! The lady was really helpful and gave me honest opinions on what does/doesnt look good on me.

cant wait til my cotton mock version comes in!

I know what you mean about making the right decision tho....i just know i will see the next asiana wedding and see another dream outfit!!

[Modified by: pd82 on February 04, 2009 12:27 AM]

[Modified by: pd82 on February 04, 2009 12:28 AM]

id booked an appt at raishmas and it was the first one of the day. cant remember who i dealt with but she was late to open up and kept us waiting out in the cold plus my hour appt lasted 35 min. she put me in three outfits and that was it! they did have lots of dresses and i really wanted to look if not try more on and i just wasnt given that opportunity so off i went to my next appt at chiffons and spent about 3 hours in there!
  • How much on average does a lwedding lengha cost from these shops?
  • Hi, I ordered mine from Chiffons yday.

Im in the same boat as you BabyL! I have no idea how it will look on me either. I just picked the colour and embroidery. And Bubs designed the cut. She was very helpful though and had good ideas.

Her new collection has still not arrived image She said its due end of Feb now. But I ordered it, as the outfit takes a few months to make.

• Quoted:
    How much on average does a lwedding lengha cost from these shops?

They could range from about 1000 to 2000. It depends on fabric, embroidery, the cut. I have been shopping for a lengha for a few weeks now, and went to the Asiana bridal show and I noticed the traditional, heavy looking ones are cheaper. However, the contemporary and modern ones could start from 1500.
  • Wow, this wedding is going to cost so much lol.

And how long in advance do you think it needs to be ordered? How long do they take to finish making them usually?
  • Quoted:

I know quite a few people who have bought from Chiffons, and was anticipating buying from there too but today I popped into raishma randomly and was really pleasantly surprised at how friendly they were, and the huge amount of variety compared to chiffons. 3 hours, lots of outfits, pins, colour charts and embroidery dilemmas later I walked out having ordered a lovely layered corseted maroon dress! The lady was really helpful and gave me honest opinions on what does/doesnt look good on me.

cant wait til my cotton mock version comes in!

Yr outfit sounds lovely-I'm loving the whole dress thing! I went into Raishma's around xmas time and there was some beautiful stuff in there. I fell in love with a corset dress too which hopefully I'm going in to order this week. I'm a bit confused abt the cotton mock version thing, how long does it take (I'm getting married in july too and she told me an outfit takes between 3-6 months)? I think I might have that done in a different colour if I have the time to get it made as I'm unsure between the colour I saw in the shop and another.
    hi

if its one where most of the dress is made in india, then the costs is usally around £1000-£1500 and takes approx 3 months. If the dress is being made here from scratch then costs start from £1800- £3000+ and takes 6 months. It doesnt take longer or less time depending on colour.

i ordered mine early jan and havent had my toile fitting yet. I need to ring up and check when it'll be as i'll be needing mine before end of June.

good luck!
  • Hiya

There are a lot of top end bridal designers in Ealing Road (Wembley), Green Street (East London) and Southall (West London) who offer everything from off the peg to haute couture, with prices starting at £500 and going up to £2000.

In addition to these, there are a lot of equally talented fashion designers who operate on a by appointment basis from their homes and are more reasonably priced due to the lower overheads.

The suppliers on this link may be helpfull?

http://www.yourdreamshaadi.co.uk/viewCompany.php?cat_id=68&subcat_id=92
  • Hi,

I can highly recommend Yuvish - http://www.yuvish.co.uk Their work has been in the magazines and bridal shows.

She will custom make the outfit for you, and you can bring in your inspirations. All the work will be done in India, so I recommend that you give yourself plenty of time. Her studio is from her home, so you're getting haute couture but less than what you would pay in the shops.

Hope you all find the outfit of your dreams!
  • Hi! I am going to get married next september and I am going to London next month to search the outfit of my dreams image Could you please advice me places that are worth it? Actually I was thinking more of a ready made dresses than a designer, because I live in Spain and I will only travel to UK for a few days. You girls who went to a designer, did you have to go many times to them after choosing your outfit? Because maybe I could do a couple of trips more from Spain to London to try the outfit and get it when it's ready (this would only be possible if it's not necessary to go everytime...) Could you please help me? Any infomation will be useful. Thank you soooo much!
  • Hi lovely ladies,

If anyone has any photos of themselves in their dresses I'd love to see them. I'm not Indian, but my husband is and I'd really like to pay tribute to the Indian culture (we are having 2 ceremonies - hindi and civil). I was thinking a fusion style dress, something brightly coloured - red or fushia? I love Asiana Wedding and that has given me some ideas, but I'd love to see some real brides!

Also any ideas for makeup appreciated. I love the stong Indian eye make-up.

Love Barbara ximage
  • coule a lengha take less time to make as i am getting married on june 15 th and dont have my waalima outfit yet