Lion/dragon dance

Hi ladies, any BBC's out there thinking about having a Lion or dragon dance to entertain the guests? Am having a Westernised do with Chinese influences and am thinking about whether to hire dragon dancers or not. Or has any one had one at their wedding?

• PeonyukPeonyuk Posts: 25
    Hi

We had a Chinese lion dance at our wedding by Yi Dao lion dance troupe based in Colindale, London: http://yi_dao.tripod.com/. We were married the day before Chinese new year.

They were really good - they greeted our guests as they arrived at the venue, posed for pictures and then did a 15 minute lion dance with the lettuce and oranges when everyone was seated for dinner. I think it cost £550 and they asked for 10% deposit upfront. We were trying to decide whether to spend the money on fireworks or the lion dance and I am so glad that we went for the lion dance - fab pictures and a fun talking point for the wedding guests.
  • kp8895kp8895 Posts: 345
    hi there -

trying to look for a troupe to do my wedding too. having a Western style wedding too but keen to have oriental touches around...however, i've been quoted quite a lot. the nam yang troupe cost £688 and still waiting on other estimates.

does anyone know a troupe based in south london/north hampshire?