Wedding Cake traditional english cake with an indian twist

I know that everyone on here has such good imagination or links with imagination that i though i would put my next dilemma to you!

i want a traditional cake for my wedding but i want it to go with the red and gold indian theme, i want it to show a mixture of both cultures by being the usual english tiered cake you cut but i want something that has that indian twist

any ideas?? :\?

• I saw this one just the other day:

http://www.lindyscakes.co.uk/IndianPatchworkElephant-WeddingCake.jpg

Personally I'm not that keen on the 'wonky' style but I thought the elephants were cute.

Basically anything you can imagine can be done in icing. What's your wedding dress fabric like? Or do you have any samples of fabric, wallpaper, anything with patterns on that you love? Anything you can show to a cake decorator that they can copy image

Nothing saying all three tiers have to be the same - you could have one red, one gold, one in your dress fabric... or whatever catches your imagination. Or have red with some of the patterns from your jewellery piped in gold on the sides? (You can get gold colour for icing which truly sparkles like gold, it's amazing!)

Hope that helps a bit, always happy to give thoughts on cakes! image

• This one is from coughlans (www.coughlans.com) but is pricey at just under £500. But the detail is amazing!

[Modified by: suki84 on September 06, 2007 10:30 AM]
  • The elephants on the cake are brill and i love the idea of one tier red, one gold, one ivory thats great!

My dress is a tradtional ivory wedding dress

i do have sari material for the tables though and the theme is red and gold.

you have been very helpful thank you very much x
  • The elephants on the cake are brill and i love the idea of one tier red, one gold, one ivory thats great!

My dress is a tradtional ivory wedding dress

i do have sari material for the tables though and the theme is red and gold.

you have been very helpful thank you very much x