Forum home Archived Best buys

green and blacks

skinnyhipsskinnyhips Posts: 1,321
girls, asda have reduced their green and blacks organic chocs, the individually wrapped ones from a fiver to £1.23 for 45 chocs, so a classy yet cheap option for favours etc if anyone is looking for them.x

• ruthemilyruthemily Posts: 13,622
    Wow, that sounds great.

Are they all one flavour or mixed? Just that we would only want to buy the vegan ones!
  • ScottEasbyScottEasby Posts: 1,271
    That's a bargain.. H2B is cross now cause I made him buy some in Tesco last week - oops
  • LollyxxukLollyxxuk Posts: 1,455
    i couldnt see these??? only packs of 12 minis reduced to £3 from £4.75?
  • lousussexlousussex Posts: 181
    that is so cool as were having them as our favours!!!!
  • EmberukEmberuk Posts: 117
    Thanks for posting. I wanted to give 4 chocs each so going to get some more.
  • jojoPMjojoPM Posts: 825
    I only saw the mint leaves - and they weren't as cheap as that though. Is it these?

• skinnyhipsskinnyhips Posts: 1,321
    yes its the ones at the top of this picture, in the brown box, fifteen white choc, fifteen dark and fifteen milk. ive been buying boxes for ages and they have ranged from full price, five something, then 3.50 but today , just 1.23 i couldnt believe it and bought another four boxes ( it was in the aberdeen store) , i wasnt using the milk ones as they didnt go with my black /ivory scheme, so had heaps of the blue ones left so then i had a brainwave, i made loads of little bundles of five blues, put them in a basket and my little girl will go round and dish them out to all the kids and ladies at the evening reception, then i felt id left the boys out so i went on a booze website and bought shots of flavoured alcohol to give them, so all my guests are getting a favour, lol. ill be a popular bride eh? x
  • wewwawewwa Posts: 4
    www.alotofchocolate.co.uk does the mini ones for 13p each if you need to bulk buy.
    I really, really hope they've got some left when I go today.

When they had them for £3 something they didn't have enough and I didn't want to risk getting them - wish me luck!
  • tt25777tt25777 Posts: 2,239
    Any idea what the use by date on them is? I'm not getting married until Nov, but will make a trip to Asda if the dates are good.

Thanks for the tip x
    Sent H2B down to Asda and he managed to get the last 5 boxes at £1.23 each, the sell by date is March 2009.

I popped into the Asda near work and they are still £3.00 a box, so I think I'll wait and see if the local store get anymore in.

Thanks again x
    mine are sept 09, so plenty of time left, good luck girls, i hope you get some.x
  • LollyxxukLollyxxuk Posts: 1,455
    which stores did you get them in?
    Boohoo, I went to my local branch yesterday and they didn't have them at all, not even an empty space where they would've been.

I don't suppose anyone could help me out, I need 7 boxes?:\(

[Modified by: jojoPM on June 14, 2008 08:53 PM]
    hahaah mrs gunn, youll think of a use, xmas stocking fillers if nothing else, did you happen to notice if there were any left when u got yours ( was it garthdee asda?) as im sure i could do with an emergency box !!! x
  • louyclarkelouyclarke Posts: 26
    Thanks for this - i managed to get 3 boxes on friday and put them in my bags the weekend they look fab!
  • Mrs-McG-2bMrs-McG-2b Posts: 471
    im goin down today fingers x'd they still have them
    Not g&b but found a fun alternative_ calender girls, ( u know the middle aged ladies doing various toplees shots)? well i bought four 5 boxes again in asda today, and they were just 50p a box, i thought this was a hilarious and fun thing, and am going to put them out in the evening with the buffet and tea/coffee. The best thing is my boobs have been quite a topic of conversation over the years with the guys in our crowd and i just know they are going to think of me, so seemed so perfect i had to get em! x
    ive just got back from asda and got their last 6 boxes of g&b and i saw those calendar girls ones they are quite interesting but we would have to buy loads theres only 12 in a box and weve got 180-200 guests coming
  • hp012hp012 Posts: 262
    they are £1.23 on asda website

i know theres not many is there in the box, but i just thought itd be fun to have a plate of them to give people a giggle when they go for their cuppa! x remember, not everyone likes chocolate but not everyone likes cake, so if theres both , you dont need to have a choc for every person, so u could buy a few boxes and just put them on a plate? xx
    aaaahhh didnt think about that sounds like a good idea

xxx
    Quoted:
    they are £1.23 on asda website

Which ones the G&B? I looked on there and couldn't see anything.
    They're under confectionary - gifting - green and blacks on the website.

There is a minimum spend of £25 though.

Not sure if you are anywhere near but Greenhithe and Gravesend in Kent both had plenty of boxes x
  • gemmapaynegemmapayne Posts: 908
    Wow! £1.23 - mega bargain!

I bought mine from The Big W for less than £2.50 a box a while ago, so that's still a pretty good bargain if you can't get the asda ones.

I just finished putting mine in the favour boxes the other day - great fun getting to eat the leftovers image

xxx
    Arrrgghh!

This is so frustrating - I've now found it on the site (thanks tt25777) but they don't deliver to my area!!!! I don't think I was meant to have them, I give up.
  • fickle2005fickle2005 Posts: 129
    Damn - I was all excited about buying some boxes of these today, to go with coffees at the end of our wedding breakfast and headed off to my nearest Asda after work but they were all sold out and a guy that worked there said they may have been discontinued - NOOOOOO! xx
    That would explain why there was no empty shelf space when I went, not even a tag.
  • SlimMrsJSlimMrsJ Posts: 14
    Thanks again Skinnyhips, this was a great tip!! I've now bought 20 boxes to use as my favours!!
    Ha ha glad to help slimmrsj, i tied bundles of fives in ivory ribbon as little parcels to give my evening ladies and kids cos i ended up with so many, and my theme is black and white so i bought cake bags in black and ivory ribbon and put two white and one black choc in each bag for the men, then i gave each lady a black and white choc together with a bookmark printed with a poem i wrote on it, so theres heaps of different ways you can use them up, and only we will know how little it cost haha! x