Forum home Archived Best buys

Children's gift bags/pressies - wrapping them

LauraH4ukLauraH4uk Posts: 278
Dear all,

Wasn't quite sure where to post but hope this might be of help here. I have 11 children coming to my wedding and had happily bought assorted bits and pieces for them but then got very stuck on how to wrap them. I had far too many little bits just to put in wrapping paper and I was worried that the little bracelets, yo-yos etc would get lost. I started looking at gift bags but they were about £3 each and just too much.

So ... I bought a roll of cellophane wrap from Hobbycraft (20 metres = £5.99) and some party bags from Sainsburys (99p). Yesterday I put all the small bits in the bags and the colouring books, toys outside. I then wrapped each child's gifts in cellophane and tied with curled ribbons in my colour scheme. Next, I made luggage tag style name tags out of pale pink card with a hole punched in and ends cut off, which I wrote the child's name on in silver pen and tied to the curling ribbon.

Even if I say so they look fab - all matching and I'm hoping the children will be excited to 'see' their gifts through the wrapping. I'm really not a 'crafty' person but this was very easy to do and looks very effective. Hopefully I might save someone some angst and some money!

LauraH