Forum home Archived Best buys

Venue in West Midlands?

Hi Ladies,

Am looking for some inspiration....have been looking at wedding venues but they all seem a little too expensive, it it geneally the 'exclusivity charge' that is causing the pain!

Does anyone know any nice venues in the west midlands?

I have been looking at loads and the ones that I have fallen in love with (Grafton Manor etc..) seem a little over priced seen as we are paying for this ourselves.

We live in Quinton and have been looking Birmingham/Worcester surrounding areas, so if anyone can offer any reccomenations or ideas it would be really helpfull xxx

thanks in advance xoxoxoxoxxoxo
8\)

• starpiggysstarpiggys Posts: 141
    hi

i am getting married in birmingham too. I am getting married in 2011. When are you planning to get married?

here are some venues ( i havent viewed them yet but i have been on their websites looking at prices)

Hampton Manor

Honiley Court Hotel

Marston Farm Hotel

Middleton Hall

Nuthurst Grange

The Abbey Hotel

The Chace Hotel

The Manor Hotel

Wroxall Abbey Estate

The old rose and crown in the lickey hills (i viewed this one and it was a bit too small for me)

Hillscourt conference centre in the lickey hills

Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel

Ardencote Manor Hotel

Best Western Bank House Hotel

Best Western Salford Hall Hotel

Marriott Forest Of Aden Hotel and Country Club

also if you are looking for a florist i am getting my flowers from the florists that my auntie works at its called The Flower Centre and it is in Northfield.

This is a good website to on to www.tyingtheknot-midlands.co.uk

(sorry you will have to copy and paste it as i can't do links)

x:\)

• leaspinleaspin Posts: 122
    Hi.

I am having Stourport Manor Hotel for my venue. I have to say the staff there are very friendly and helpful. The wedding co-ordinator cannot do enough to help. She even offered to dress the venue if I take in chair covers, rolls of organza etc. It has just been refurbished and the brasserie (which we are having) is lovely and opens up into the gardens). We were also able to negotiate a very reasonable price.

Another lovely venue is the Stone Manor, this is a lovely black and white timber framed building near Kidderminster.

We did investigate a number of venues that allowed exclusive hire, but i couldn't bring myself to pay such a lot of money! (although I agree, Grafton Manor is beautiful!)

Good luck and happy hunting!!! :\)
  • i went to grafton manor but decided on moxhull hall . you get exclusive use at a reasonable price ( weeday wedding for me !) xx
  • Humpyuk1Humpyuk1 Posts: 75
    Hi I live in Quinton too! I viewed Stourport Manor too and the prices were very reasonable! Curridane Barns does exclusive use but offers a good package considering what you get.
  • thanks for the advice ladies, we are hoping to get married July 2010, however this whole venue thing is sending me into a bit of a panic! As none of my friends are married I was blissfully unaware how expensive this whole thing would be!!! xoxoxox
  • Hiya,

I used to live in Quinton, but now live in Bearwood! We're getting married at Sandon Hall in Staffordshire (takes about 45 mins to get to from our house). It's a beautiful old ancestral home and they hire part of it out for weddings. Amazing grounds as well. It's costing us £3500 for the whole day. You can bring your own booze. They insist you use the caterers they are used to, but these caterers are very reasonably priced. Here is a link to a website that will give you a virtual tour:

http://www.findmeaconference.com/500417.htm

Good luck xx
  • ShiregirlShiregirl Posts: 125
    Hiya

We are getting married at Ansty Hall, which is 2 minutes off M6 Junction 2.

Its a beautiful venue & has great menu, rooms etc. Really pleased with our choice.

My advice is go to each place for lunch / coffee beforehand - you'll see what they are really like!

xxx