Forum home Archived Best buys

Buying From Ebay?

NixxukNixxuk Posts: 109
Morning Ladies

Hope you're enjoying the sun shine on the Bank Holiday!

I need some advice, I went Wedding Dress Shopping on Sat and I have found "The one" however I didn't really want to spend £1000. When I got home I had a look on ebay and this person sells my dress for £580. They're a power seller, selling over 6000 pieces with all positive feedback, I need to look into it a bit more but just wondered if anyone else has brought from Ebay and the things I should be looking out for etc.

Advice greatly rec'd.

Nixx

• choccyncreamchoccyncream Posts: 775
    i bought my dress fromebay and my veil and im also getting my flowers of there!

lots of ladies on here use ebay for lots of their wedding stuff i would totally recommend you go for it!

icant help with bad things to look for though obv feedback is the best thing to keep track of!
  • NixxukNixxuk Posts: 109
    Great thanks for the response.

Puts my mind at rest. Did you buy a size too big and then have alterations made?
  • nowmrsS2010nowmrsS2010 Posts: 797
    mrsnoblet...

i would say that if they are a power seller and all feedback is good then i dont think you will have a prob...let us see your dress!! xx
    mrsnoblet...

i would say that if they are a power seller and all feedback is good then i dont think you will have a prob...let us see your dress!! xx
  • linz-kdlinz-kd Posts: 2,382
    I would say go for it!!!

If anything does go wrong you can do a dispute through paypal

L

xxx
  • choccyncreamchoccyncream Posts: 775
    no i bought my right size ( i didnt know wedding dresses came up small when i ordered it) but it is actually a little to big so i do need to get it altered , but i love it!
    The Dress is Pronovias Harlem - I am not sure how to up load. I tried it on on Sat and have deperatly falled in love and the fact I can get it half price on line.....WOHOO!!!! Happy Days xx
    i have looked on ebay and one dress came up...its gorgeous!!!! really prety..wat i would say is tht the seller is in uk so that is a good start xxx
    Ah the one I found was in america. I will have to have a look again. Thanks. Glad I have had a few responses. Sets my mind at rest.

Cheers Ladies! xx
  • k8buckleyk8buckley Posts: 58
    hi, im exactly the same, i found "the dress" on saturday, then found it on ebay for £600 cheaper!! ok it has been worn for a few hours for someone elses wedding but no one will know!

Bargain & beautiful!
  • Hi I've also bought my dress on ebay and because it was am ex-sample from a bridal shop who sell all the time on ebay I only paid £47 that was inc p&p! I have to say I'm over the moon with it its perfect in every way image it still had the tags on and was £599 originally so I'm well impressed. Also the service was excellent, I bought it on the friday, paid and though it was a bank hol wkend I got it on the wed of that week. Go for it I'm sure you'll get what your dreaming of! Choccyncream can I just ask how you go about finding flowers on ebay would like to look into that too! X
  • kirstybrakirstybra Posts: 384
    sherbetcat this lady sells some lovely flowers.

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/FLOWERS-BY-SHARELL__W0QQ_armrsZ1
  • Thanks your a gem have a lovely day image
    Well you've all totally put my mind at rest. Thank you so so much! x
    sherbet cat- what was the name of the seller u got ur dress from xx
  • Hi mrsstephens2be, the seller is b12twb and here is the link to my dres so you can see how nice they are, well I think so anyway! If there's nothing there that you fancy at the mo she lists really regurlarly and is reallly nice she was even willing to let me pay via postal order but I figured out how to use paypal in time doh!

Glad your feeling better about ebaying for your dress MrsNoblet best of luck!

Thanks kirstybra those flowers are gorgeous will am in love and the seller is in Newcastle too thats where I'm from so even better :\)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=250412881756

[Modified by: sherbetcat on May 26, 2009 09:08 PM]

[Modified by: sherbetcat on May 26, 2009 09:12 PM]

• kirstybrakirstybra Posts: 384
    sherbetcat that wedding dress is beautiful and what a bargain. glad you like the flowers
  • ILOVEPINKukILOVEPINKuk Posts: 99
    I bought my dress from ebay, the lady paid £700 for it and wore it for a few hours then paid to have it dry cleaned, there isn't a mark on it and it is just like new, I paid £100 for it. I have saved £900 out of my wedding dress budget so we put the rest towards our 2 week honeymoon, no-one will know it has been worn before and if they did I wouldn't really be bothered. My sil2b paid over a thousand pounds for hers and it although it was beautiful it wasn't any nicer than mine plus we get a holiday while her dress is under the bed! go for it I say.
    sherbetcat...that dress is beautiful i love it! thank you so much for letting me know the seller!!! its lovely! xxx