Forum home Archived Best buys

Glass Tea Light Holders

Morning girls!

We went to ikea at the weeked and bought my tealight holders, they are chuncky clear glass and look really classy. The best bit though was the price! We bought 360... yes - thats three hundred and sixty tealight holders for 9p each! That's £32!!!!

I'm just delighted as I really wanted a magical, fairy light feel to the venue and beacuse they were cheap enough I've been able to get enough to really give a great effect.

I also got the tealights themselves for £1.49 for 100 and some big square mirrors to use for the base of the table centres, they were £5 for 4. All from ikea!

Definitely my best buy so far!

• Wow well done! That is a fantastic bargain! We're giving tealights in holders out as favours and I was planning to use Tescos but I might just check out Ikea first! Cheers! xx
  • coatesukcoatesuk Posts: 81
    I have bought the same mirrors as you and also planning to get my tea lights and holders as well from Ikea - why spend more when you are just going to burn them then throw them in the bin.
  • Hi Ladies,

thats a fab idea, i was thinking of doing the same. What are the mirrors like? are you putting them in favour bags? cause tescos do a pack of 10 for about £4 unless any1 else has seen a better deal?

xxx
  • I WAS ALSO GOING TO GET THEM FROM TESCO AND I THOUGHT 24P WAS A BARGAIN..

BUT IKEA FOR 9P IS DEFFINATELY BETTER!!!

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO STAND ON THE MIRRORS IN THE CENTRE?

I LIKE THE IDEA OF A MIRROR I WAS GOING TO SCATTER IVORY PETALS WITH THE TEA LIGHTS ON THE TABLE AND THEN HAVE IVORY AND GOLD HEART SHAPED BALLOONS ON A GOLD HEART SHAPE WEIGHT IN THE CENTRE..

IVORY AND GOLD IS MY COLOUR SCHEME!
  • I've got long tables (rather than round) so I'm having the tealights in a double line along the middle of the tables then I will place the mirrors imtermitantly along the tables (they aprox 30cm????) I think I'm going to put 3 church candles (all different heights) and deep pink gerberas (sp?) around the edge of the mirrors. I don't want to spend lot on flowers so I think this should be effective but not too expensive.

• THANKS VICTORIA THAT SOUND LOVELY AND IM SURE WILL LOOK STUNNING ON THE BIG DAY!
  • marlyxmarlyx Posts: 903
    thank you for putting this on about the t light holders,

iv been to get mine today !

i got 180, im going to put them around the base of the centre pieces,

thanks again for the tip,i nearly bought the same ones from asda @ 29p each and i thought that was a bargin!

any more mega bargins anyone ?
  • cjukcjuk Posts: 209

Hi all

I have had problems finding fovours for a beach theme wedding so am doing the following.

I am using small glass candle holders as favours, I am putting shells and keyring in the shape of sandles and surfboards in then putting them in a celophane bag. I was at Ikea last weekend buying the candle holders which work out at about 13p each.

I am not usually this inspired but they have received a good reception froim those I have shown them to

• Hey I bought my t-light holders from Ikea also.....i thought the bloke at the till was thinking i must be mad buying all these holders. But then i only bought 100. That must've been a heavy load carrying them back to the car?
  • Hi princess bride, are you putting your tea lights on mirrors?xx
  • n4evansn4evans Posts: 122
    Hello everyone,

How funny to read this post, I too went to ikea for my favours. When I was there I saw the tea light holders and bought 30 of them for the bargain price of £2.70! I do love ikea!
  • Hi Aug08 bride,

Yes i'm putting them on a circular mirror with a tall glass vase in the centre with 3 cala lily's and tiger grass with pearl beads in the vases. But i'm still on the hunt for mirrors that are big enough to do this.