so upset at how my dress looked on the BIG DAY

Well what do I say, I got married on Satuday and should be on cloud 9 but all Ive done is cry since then everytime I see a photo of myself image

My dress was stunning and I LOVED it more and more everytime I went for a fitting and was so excited to be finally getting to wear it at the weekend. The day arrives and I was on cloud 9 until it come to putting it on. It just didnt have the same feeling that it did in the past , I put it down to the fact that it was just because this was the first time it was on and tied by someone differently. I got in the limo and headed off to the church as we were running late thinking it would be fine. We went through the service and come out for pics and I started to really feel uncomfortable but it was to late everyone had seen it, been taking pics etc etc. I just got on with it, had all the pics taken & headed of to the reception but it was so uncomfortable that I had to take the bra that I had on off. I later discovered that it could be seen in every photo aswell even though it was the bra that I had at my fittings and it was perfect for under the dress.

Things just went from bad to worse then, the dress was tied that tight it was hurting so much that I had to come home and take it off, which was the last thing I wanted to do.

I had some photos on my camera and got up on Sunday and looked at them and omg I was horrified image All I cant think is what the hell happened..... I looked like I was 5mths pregnant and if I looked like that in the shop I never would have bought it in a million years. I wanted to look stunning on my wedding day even though Im not a size 10 and I looked so awful. I cant look at a photo without crying and in fact just writing this has got me in tears image

It is killing me, everyone is telling me how beautiful I looked but I just feel like they are saying to spare my feelings. How can they not see what I see?

Im dreading getting my professional photos back and I refuse to put any up on the walls so what was the point of them being there? We are looking into getting a cherish the dress shoot done but that just wont be the same, they wont be my 'wedding' photos image

I would like to post you a pic to show you all the difference between the fitting pic and on the day but dont know how to do it. I dont know what to do as its killing Lee seeing me like this but I just cant help it.

• Aww I'm sorry you're feeling so bed. Maybe it didn't look how you think and everyone's telling you the truth- I'm sure you looked lovely. I don't know what to say to make you feel better x
  • shimmenashimmena Posts: 282
    Awww honey, I'm sure it's just wedding nerves.

We put so much into our wedding day, play it over and over in our heads that it doesn't always measure up to our high expectations.

I think you are being highly critical of yourself, I just refuse to believe you look as bad as you say you did. I bet not a single person noticed a tiny bit of bra showing! If your photos show a bit don't panic, photoshop can take it out.

Please send me a pic [email protected] from your fitting and the wedding and I'll give you an honest opinion.

Enjoy the fact you just got to marry a wonderful person who you love and who loves you, there are a lot of size zeros out there who would die to have found their true love!

xxx
  • shimmenashimmena Posts: 282
    Awww honey, I'm sure it's just wedding nerves.

We put so much into our wedding day, play it over and over in our heads that it doesn't always measure up to our high expectations.

I think you are being highly critical of yourself, I just refuse to believe you look as bad as you say you did. I bet not a single person noticed a tiny bit of bra showing! If your photos show a bit don't panic, photoshop can take it out.

Please send me a pic [email protected] from your fitting and the wedding and I'll give you an honest opinion.

Enjoy the fact you just got to marry a wonderful person who you love and who loves you, there are a lot of size zeros out there who would die to have found their true love!

xxx
  • On the day

• The fitting

• carol_wild1carol_wild1 Posts: 478
    You look beautiful xx
  • I agree you look lovely, I particularly like the first photo, you look so happy.

• SpecialSundaeSpecialSundae Posts: 3,029
    You look gorgeous! Seriously! The shape really suits you and you're glowing in the first pic!
  • SparklyD2BSparklyD2B Posts: 157
    I agree with the ladies, you look absolutely beautiful! (and remember, we don't HAVE to say nice things as you don't know us!)

It's a shame you didn't feel 100% comfortable on your big day but from the photos above, I see a very beautiful and happy bride!

xxx

• i have to say you look stunning i love the first pic you look so happy!!
  • I was so happy then i saw the pics and im just horified at them image x
  • stejane69stejane69 Posts: 49
    you look really beautiful , i am the same size and you have given me faith that it will all be ok congratulations xx
  • flower88ukflower88uk Posts: 1,350
    you look lovely- don't worry image
  • MargalfMargalf Posts: 159
    You look amazing just glowing I like your real pictures better you look stunning..

• Day-Zee13Day-Zee13 Posts: 74
    You look beautiful, don't know why you were so worried........ I know what you mean about the dress feeling tight... mine is a lace up back & when I had my fitting she had it that tight I don't think I would last 5mins in it!

We are all big & beautiful & you look amazing in your dress. It pulls in at the waist & you have amazing cleavage! Can't see your bra on the pics....... sure you will a lot better when you see the professional pics

• You look lovely. Please don't worry any more xx
  • becki989becki989 Posts: 198
    You look lovely, really suits you. I dont comment if i dont agree. Nothing to worry about hun xx
  • TamVilla80TamVilla80 Posts: 22
    Hi

Newbie here - I've been lurking for a while but decided to join in all the fun!

I think you look really nice, you and the dress look lovely. To be honest, I think you look better on your wedding photos than you do on your fitting picture, you look more comfy in that photo (even if you didnt feel it!)
  • Ellie6544Ellie6544 Posts: 51
    You look beautiful and i too like the actual wedding day photos more than the ones at the fitting

Ellie x
  • I got my professional pics through today and although we are fairly disappointed with them I thought Id share a few with you all image

This is my fave one out of over 600 photos x

• SueLouCSueLouC Posts: 16
    Hey there,

I've not spoken to you before but just wanted to say how lovely I think you look!

I am beginning to worry about my dress and the photos, but if I look as happy and as beautiful as you look on your day I'll be a happy lady!! You're hair...I want that hair!!

I know if you doubt yourself and feel bad about yourself, it's hard to accept other people's opinion, you need to believe it yourself, but you do truly look fab!!
  • mum2onemum2one Posts: 737
    I think you look stunning. Congratulations!!
  • Miss_PenguinMiss_Penguin Posts: 1,020
    I don't see what you see. You looked great on your wedding day. Try and be a bit kinder to yourself instead of supercritical.
  • lucyloo28lucyloo28 Posts: 126
    To be honest hun I prefer the photos of you on your wedding day than the ones that were taken in the shop.You look slimmer in the ones on your wedding day too image Youve got nothing to worry about. xxx
  • Wow wow wow wow I know we're supposed to make you feel better about the photos (you look gorgeous by the way) but I wanted to say wow wow wow your nails were stunning!

I'm not a size 10 either and worried, like I'm sure we all are, about looking well awful. But your photos are lovely, you are glowing like every bride should. We all think the worst of our own looks and beat down on ourselves but please please please take heart and comfort in how great we all think you look.

but once again wow your nails! image
  • loopywooloopywoo Posts: 264
    I think you look better in the picture on the day than the one in the shop!

You look great! It's a very pretty dress and you look lovely in it.

Please don't worry about it because honestly you really don't have anyhting to worry about.