lets have a proper book club

i apologize if this is too geeky but i love reading and would love a book club but there isn't anything like that round my way.so do you fancy having one where we choose a book and we all read and discuss it???????

if no thats fine just thought i'd ask

Gem

xx

• Black-RoseBlack-Rose Posts: 4,305
    Which book do you suggest then ?

I am going through a Jodi Picoult phase at the minute. I only read chick lit and romance novels though but I could always broaden my horizons.

Jules

xx

• cazzywoocazzywoo Posts: 2,002
    Yes I 'd be interested in a book club on here! xxxx
  • me 2 x
  • banwabanwa Posts: 1,297
    YES PLEASE
    I would prefer not to read chick lit or romance. I'm about to read The Memory Keeper's Daughter, I have heard good things about it, what about that?
    Ooh I've never heard of that one Mrs McNomore.

I am happy to read pretty much anything so will go along with what everyone else wants xx
  • As a fellow geek I would like to join in too please!

So ... which book???

I'll read pretty much anything, bur like Mrs McNomore I would rather not read chick lit ....

I guess someone needs to make the decision ... I'll go investigate what Richard & Judy are suggesting, be back in mo.

No Memory Keeper's Daughter?

I've totally lost faith with R & J, the last two books I read from their list (the Island and Labyrinth) were just awful.
  • I hear you!

I second No Memory Keeper's Daughter ...

xx
  • gemst84gemst84 Posts: 6,963
    hi guys,i haven't been notified of any responses on my email so just thought no one was interested.

so are we going for

No memory keepers daughter then?

we have to have a deadline to finish?????

gem

xx
  • lms011lms011 Posts: 290
    Ive read it and enjoyed it. Wont say any more!

Please can I join in with the discussion when youve all read it?

Lynxie xx
  • MrsBalan2bMrsBalan2b Posts: 3,174
    Hi

Can I join in? I love reading but as I am have not very much spare cash (weddings are expensive you know ;\) ) would have to be a book I already own. Let me know what you decide to read!

• lms011lms011 Posts: 290
    ps I think you need to go to the 'My Preferences' link and retick the email box as I did. Its working again on mine now, but I think lots of us lost it somehow.

Who is it by, I will go and purchase a copy tomorrow.

• gemst84gemst84 Posts: 6,963
    mrsbalan2b,could you not get it from the library,thats what i'm gonna do...???

xx

oh thanks lynxie,i'll go tick the box again

xx
    Duh I didn't think of that! Thanks and have recently got a library card! My brain must be over tired!
    Hi

It's The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edwards. You my books.

We could discuss a book every month, but decide half way through what the next one will be so people can order/buy/borrow it in time. So two weeks to get the book, 4 weeks to read it shall we say aim to have finished at around the 10th Novemberish? What do you think?
    Ooh i've got that already! Have read it once, but will reread it again before the 10th!

image Ha ha ha I just read my reply. Between you and my books it should gave said.

(you) can buy it from Amazon for 1p plus £1.75 postage, it's brilliant it's where I buy all (my books).

Don't quite know what happened there.

Sorry, you must all think I'm truly mental now

delight, can I just say this is a brilliant idea, thank you for thinking it up

Ax
  • ladyblueukladyblueuk Posts: 1,227
    my sister has this book so i'll borrow it! i love reading- h2b thinks i'm such a geek cause i'm always reading!
    My h2b used to, but now have got him reading to!
    Haha Ive got my h2b reading aswell!!

I love reading, once all the children are in bed I run a nice hot bubble bath, grab a glass of wine and read my book - its a brilliant bit of "me" time, especially when h2b is on night shifts!

Will get this book then, 10th November finish. xx
  • oooh can i join to? Iv already read it but i'll dig it out again - i love reading and miss discussing books since finishing my degree
    I've started reading it, it is quite good so far.
  • I'm a wannabe geek!! I've never been much of a reader but really wanting to change that, so I'd love some recommendations.

I've just finished The Kite Runner and it was an amazing book. Anyone else read it?

x

[Modified by: weddingrose on October 05, 2008 12:24 PM]

No but I have it to read next, maybe we could have that as the next one?

I just read the time travellers wife, and wasn't particularly impressed.
  • sh0rtyuksh0rtyuk Posts: 1,379
    Can I join. I miss having a good old read, doesn't happen much now I have no train journey to work. Not sure if I should order The Memory Keeper's Daughter..............maybe I will catch up with you guys when you start the next book. I hear The Kite Runner is fab, my sister just read it and I have just downloaded the film!

I have nearly finished The Memory Keepers Daughter. It is brilliant.