Which e-reader?

I have finally decided that I am going to purchase an e-reader. It pretty much goes against all of my morals as I am a massive book fan. However, I just don't know how else I can take the amount of books that I want on honeymoon. As much as I'm not keen on them, they are practical!

So, which one to get? I'm mainly torn between the Kindle and the Kobo, but think I'm leaning towards the Kobo.

The Kindle is obviously linked to Amazon, which is good for choice and the use of Amazon vouchers. But I've learned that you can borrow e-books from libraries, but these aren't supported on Kindle.

I also like that the Kobo is touch screen, but haven't heard reviews from people who have them.

Any help?

• lbarr10lbarr10 Posts: 586
    I have a Kindle and I love it although I don't use it too much as i still prefer holding a book and im they kind of person that rereads my books constantly so its just as easy for me to read the paper copy. Your right that Kindle doesn't support borrowing from public libraries which is a shame. There is a trial in America at the moment with amazon and public libraries but to be honest I don't see it happening over here.

I think the stand out feature of a Kobo is the touch screen which if you prefer then i would definitely go for the Kobo.
  • I love my Kobo, I think it is an amazing ereader, the shop I work in used to sell ereaders and have to say there were a few brands we really had problems with which is why I got a Kobo even though it meant couldn't use staff discount image , they really are fab. x
  • MrsH1984MrsH1984 Posts: 553
    I love my Kobo infact Iam writing this from it now, so much more than just books I have sudoku on it to,

I still love real books but for easy transporting and good to handle is what I rally like the Kobo for image