Books for honeymoon?

Hi all!

So, were going on honeymoon in 4 weeks (yay!) and i need to buy a couple of books to read on the beach image

Anyone got any recommendations? I like easy reading girly type books image

Thanks everyone!

• I recently read 'white wedding' by Milly Johnson which I enjoyed, made a change from the whodunnit type books I normally read!

Its not a light girly read but 'before I go to sleep' by SJ Watson was very gripping if you fancy something a bit different!
  • MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

Not sure I will be much help (I took a biography of the Empress Livia on honeymoon) but unless you have already joined the band wagon fifty shades would be a very good honeymoon read. One to share with the hubby?

• TickleyJessTickleyJess Posts: 1,649

I'm very like MrsTwizbe in that I took '1984' with me on my last beach holiday, but Alexandra Potter books are wonderful and very easy to read.  I find some chick lit books are very poorly written, but her books aren't.  They have an element of magic, but are very real world-grounded.  My favourite is called 'Me and Mr Darcy' (which I realise is very sad, but it's just so indulgent!) x

• NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835

Thanks girls!

Ive read the first fifty shades but may take the 2nd with me image

• The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain (Totally brilliant!)

• MrsTwizbeMrsTwizbe Posts: 3,352 New bride

Again not a novel but Call the Midwife. Amazing book, Last beach holiday I went on I took all her books with me. In the Midst of Life was a bit depressing about death.

You could go for the classic romance of Jane Austen. Nothing can beat my 2 favs of Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey

• I've read some good books lately...When I get home tonight I will dig out some titles.x

• Megan598Megan598 Posts: 126

I agree with lilymou on Diane Chamberlain, her books are amazing!

I'm currently reading Molly Hopkins "It happened in Paris" and it is hilarious girly reading! Her next follow on "It happened in Venice" is out at the end of August. Before that I read Olivia Ryan's "Tales from a Honeymoon Hotel" which I liked image

I'd suggest anything by Sophie Kinsella, my favourites are "Remember Me?" and "Can you keep a secret?". Her latest is "I've got your number" and that is also fantastic!

Cecelia Ahern is also easy reading and her stories are wonderful image 

I'd also suggest Jojo Moyes "Me Before You", it might not be what you're looking for but its a brilliant story. 

Tasmina Perry is a good author, hers is more glamourous with a twist. same for Carrie Duffy's book "Diva"

Hope some of that helps, will have a think and come back to you wih some more! xxx 

• NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835

Thanks everyone! Ive read Cecelia Ahern's books before and think shes fab image Sophie Kinsella is good too!

Off to amazon i go image 

• You can find lots of book recommendations at http://judgingcovers.co.uk if that helps - it's a book review blog for women, although it covers all genres. There's a whole section on chick lit if you enjoy light reading!

• Freya North is good I've just read 'Chances' which was a different take on a love story. Her earlier books which are named after females (especially 'Sally') can be a bit racy if you're looking for chick lit with a some steamy sections.

'Marshmallows For Breakfast' by Dorothy Koomson was a good read too.

Unfortunately as I have a lot of books my fella has put my last batch of books up in the loft so I cant remember any more titles! But I agree Cecelia Ahern and Sophie Kinsella are good- I know I've read most of their titles.