Forum home Archived Brides of all ages

Mature brides

Do you think there is a lack of wedding dresses to suit the more mature bride on the market?

• Yes. But u do have to think outside the box a little.

Im wearing Maggie Sotterro (Mikala Marie). Im 36, i didnt want to look like a princess bride, so thought this dress was elegant but not cinderella like.

I think mature brides would do well to look more an the evening gown line, that most bridal shops hold in stock....i certainly tried loads on.

cx
  • I'm 39 and my Mum told me I should wear a suit ! NO way I have a big ivory dress with all the trimmings and I don't believe I look like muton.
  • SnoblySnobly Posts: 63
    I will be 49 when I get married next September and my dress is a traditional gown in ivory. There are no hard and fast rules, it is what you feel compfortable in and what will suit your style of wedding.

Good luck.
  • new-mrsbnew-mrsb Posts: 2,015 New bride
    i was 40 when i got married and i had a "proper" wedding dress, veil...the full hit and i don't think i was too old for it. , if i knew how to post a pic on here i would show you.
  • eboebo Posts: 50
    Quoted:
    Yes. But u do have to think outside the box a little.

Im wearing Maggie Sotterro (Mikala Marie). Im 36, i didnt want to look like a princess bride, so thought this dress was elegant but not cinderella like.

I think mature brides would do well to look more an the evening gown line, that most bridal shops hold in stock....i certainly tried loads on.

cx

Hi. I love the look of the Mikala dress, it's exactly what I'm hoping for, but I haven't managed to track it down in any shops yet.

Could you possibly tell me where you tried it on? Thanks very much!

[Modified by: ebride on December 03, 2008 04:41 PM]

• I got married on my 41st birthday and had the whole kit and caboodle! age is just a number!
  • i'm gonna be getting married on my 50th birthday.... i'm a biker... i'm getting married an a medieval wedding dress.... he's wearing leather.... do you have to dress like everyone thinks someone of your age should dress.... dress in what you want... its your day...image

[Modified by: bikernicola on December 14, 2008 09:41 AM]