How old is older?

Just wondered is it just us or are there any couples over 60 lurking in the shadows? H2B is a toy boy being two years younger than me. We have been together for ages so I was quite surprised when he asked me. I thought about it and then said yes. Never thought I would get married again but now I've got used to the idea I'm really looking forward to being his wife. We only pass this way but once and all that. We tell folk its to give the dog a name but really it's a formal way of saying you are the best in my eyes and i love you!

• bladetteukbladetteuk Posts: 396
    I will be 55 when I get married and John will be 58, so almost there!!
  • BetrothedBetrothed Posts: 117
    Hi Bladette, Yes you are teetering on the edge. I'm not getting married in white how about you? Mine is more of an evening style dress but I still want to feel special
    Absolutely ditto there Bet Rothed. I just want an evening dress too, something I can wear again, when I eventually get to go on the cruise perhaps! lol. But yes want to feel special. I love it that my grandson wants to read in the ceremony - he will be 12. Love him!!
  • lms011lms011 Posts: 290
    I'll be 55 and I also am marrying a toy boy (mine is 53) I'm wearing a short(ish, not mini!) dress from Monsoon. It is ivory silk, and was strapless, but Ive arranged for a dressmaker to put some straps on it as Im not happy flashing too much wrinkly cleavage. I'll also wear a lace bolero to hide the top of my arms which Im not fond of! I found it so difficult to find the right thing to wear and only decided a week or so ago. I'm marrying in July this year just outside of Bath - where and when are you both tying the knot?
  • lambridelambride Posts: 244
    I'm 50 and H2B is 52. It's my first time and 2nd time round for him.

I'll be wearing a traditional wedding dress, although it will be T-length. I'd originally thought about buying something from Monsoon, but once I tried on traditional dresses I just knew that was what I wanted to have.

There's only 31 days to go now and Im sooo looking forward to the big day.

I am not getting married till July next year, we are growing a bridesmaid! My youngest granddaughter is only 7 months, so next year she will be big enough, and our ceremony and reception are at Doncaster College
    Hi Lynxie We live in Scotland and are getting married at a venue right on the shore line on the Moray coast. We are hoping the weather will be good enough to be outside. We picked a time that coinsides with high tide so if very lucky we could have Dolphins leaping up for a look!

isn't it fun having Grandchildren to take part? I love the idea of `growing one'! My grandson wishes to wear a kilt. He is half Scottish so is entittled to his fathers tartan. I think he is very brave he's only ten.
    Hi Lynxie We live in Scotland and are getting married at a venue right on the shore line on the Moray coast. We are hoping the weather will be good enough to be outside. We picked a time that coinsides with high tide so if very lucky we could have Dolphins leaping up for a look!

isn't it fun having Grandchildren to take part? I love the idea of `growing one'! My grandson wishes to wear a kilt. He is half Scottish so is entittled to his fathers tartan. I think he is very brave he's only ten.
  • JAX1145JAX1145 Posts: 1,742
    Hi Ladies....

Wonder if i qualify as a 'older' bride??

Im 46 and so is h2b.... His first time but my second,..

We are getting married at Cooling Castle Barn in 4 days! (19 April)...

My son is giving me away He's 15 and my Daughter is 18 and is cbm....

Im going for the traditional gown in Ivory but No veil!!!!. and to be honest i have love sorting this wedding out its so much different than my first wedding was.....

Hope you all have a wonderful day....

jacquie x
    Have a lovely day Jax1145 - hope the sun shines!

Have a wonderfull day on the 19th Jacquie. I hope the weather is good to you. I think it adds something having children and grandchildren along. it makes it a very close family occasion. I hope they behave themselves! With all good wishes for your future together. Bet x
  • lms011lms011 Posts: 290
    Hear hear Jacquie! Cant wait to see some pics afterwards. Have a lovely day and very best wishes for the future. Lynxie x