Forum home Archived Brides of all ages

Help please!

Help! My h2b's mum is tryin to organise our wedding she wants everything to go her way! It's really stressing the both of us out and makin us argue image one more thing she wants to wear white! I want to tell her how I feel but I don't no how, any suggestions? ???????

• Help! My h2b's mum is tryin to organise our wedding she wants everything to go her way! It's really stressing the both of us out and makin us argue image one more thing she wants to wear white! I want to tell her how I feel but I don't no how, any suggestions? ???????
  • amandajayne69amandajayne69 Posts: 2,352
    Just sit her down and say " thank you very much for helping, but we think we can handle things fro here but if we need help you wil be the first person we ask" Just try and be nice to her, or you could give her jobs to do.
  • mrslast2bmrslast2b Posts: 449
    ahhhh! what a cow! lol, no ay is she allowed to wear white! i agree with mandy u just have to tell her, theres nothing else u can do im afraid, just say u appriciate her help but its your wedding and the day will be how u and h2b want it, say u would still like a bit of input, but u are the decision maker? just try and say it as nicely as poss lol xxxxx good luck! xxxxx
  • NowMrsMaggsNowMrsMaggs Posts: 1,823
    Why does she think it's acceptable for her to wear white?!!! Is she paying? That would probably make her feel they are her decisions to make. But as the girls have said, just have a heart to heart and tell her how you feel. Good luck! Let us know how you get on! x
  • What does she actually want to wear? I've found my Mum prefers safer colours now (anything bold she will run past me first even if that means not wearing it for a while) it could be that she just feels more comfortable in it but won't look like a bride if that makes sense? Try to allocate jobs for her or narrow stuff you like down to a few things and ask her opinions on them and try to compromise a bit x
  • There's no other jobs for her lol she's tried to do everything and my fam feels left out cos their side wants to organise everything. No she wouldn't be a White person she likes colour, but she knows I would be user, she nos the colour of my dress, and the dress she picked out for herself is pretty much the exact same shade. So I no she knows!??????